Are Final Fantasy's possible?

I'm not 100% sure on who owns the rights the some of the previous games, but was wondering if it were even possible for us to get some of the older FF games here on games of demand or something.

(FFX, FFXII, ect)

We've gotten XIII and XIII-2 so it doesnt seem too far off that we might possibly get like an HD collection or something. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Static Jak"][quote user="LostKauz"]Snip-[/quote]

If they did a HD version of both VII and IX, I'd hope they'd keep the "sprite" like appearance they have during normal gameplay but with way more detail.[/quote]VII to current all used Polygon, not Sprites. That is sans the backgrounds. A HD detailed Character/s of Cloud and such would be very cool though.

A side note, I never really liked VIII that much (even though I finished it). I just thought Squall was such a whinny little Character.

[/quote]I don't mean actual sprites, I mean the design is very sprite like. With VII it's largely down to the PS1 limitations and when you enter a battle you have a full scale character design.

-

[quote user="Static Jak"]Snip-[/quote]Fair enough. I guess that's why you had the "quotes" over "sprite". And god nostalgia can be blinding sometimes. I thought those Graphics were the greatest thing ever when I first popped the Disc in.

Personally, I would like to see it without the "sprite" Style and just go for fully Rendered Characters in HD.

I'd like an HD Remake of XII (didn't get to enjoy it as much as i wanted too because Rogue Galaxy was so amazing at the time) but since I still have all of them after IV, except X. I guess my vote would go for X.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

X really? These are the "older" FF games you want? How about the ones that were actually awesome and are actually old?

[/quote]

I don't always agree with you, but we are definitely united on this. FFX was (IMHO) the beginning of the end for Final Fantasy. It was short, linear & extremely repetitive... And it was only last generation. Maybe that's older to the little kids who just started playing video games, but to anyone big enough to go outside without Mommy or Daddy, it's still pretty recent.

HD remakes would be epic, if they were to make them. The only problem with anything older then VII is that they were Sprite/ Rendered and not Polygon. I guess even those could be HD (it was done with Double Dragon/ R-Type and a few others in Sprite) but something may get still get lost. Missing Voice Content may be an issue for any HD Remake. I'm not saying I could not overlook this but many Gamers today would rage and say, "what I have to read all of this?!".

As for the Games themselves I would definitely pick up a few (if not all). I never had a chance to finish IX, X or X-2 nor did I play (at all) XI or XII but I still think they would be welcome (minus XI for obvious reasons).

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Anyone ever finish Tactics? Sadly, I loaned my Copy to a Co-worker years ago and needless to say, I never got it back...

[/quote]Several times.  One of my favorite games ever.

Clown Shoes?

[quote user="US Revenge"]

pretty sure PSN has the old ps1 games on their market place.... its not remade in HD though... friend of mine is going back and playing like all the final fantasy games.... he is nuts and bought 7 and 8 for like 60 dollars..

[/quote]A few years ago (right after the PS3 was released) I got my first PS2 and wanted to replay some of the older PSOne FF games, so I bought the Anthology, Chronicles, VII, VIII and IX each for like $10 apiece. So total about... $50 plus tax. All new in packaging too... $80 for just the two of them you say!?

FFVII and X are both my favorite. I am missing the mini card game for VIII as well. :D

"I don't always agree with you, but we are definitely united on this. FFX was (IMHO) the beginning of the end for Final Fantasy".

You don't think that honour belongs to X-2? Just curious. Also, I don't think that that is old, since it really isn't, but I absolutely loved that game so I'd love to see it on 360.