Archery problem

Has anyone else had this problem? every time I use my bow my arrow doesn't travel at all, in fact my arrow just lands inches in front of me as if I Wasn't aiming with it. Does anybody know the cause of this? Any help would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The only time that I had something similar happen (patch 1.4) was when I was shooting down at an enemy while I was near a ledge.  But I have never had this problem while shooting straight at an enemy.

Same here and my arrow was sitting on the ledge when I moved to a different position. I've also had tree limbs catch my arrow but never saw it drop right in front of me. Sorry!

Might be a silly question, but.... are you holding the trigger down for any serious time?

No but does that cause the problem?

thank you for posting, I was hoping I wasn't the only one with this problem.

I'm assuming you figured it out by now, but as ChainSmokingBob indicated, you have to wait until the bow is fully drawn back before you release it (if you want to get maximum power and distance with it).  You can tell when it is fully drawn because the animation will stop and your crosshairs will stop drifting up and then down.

thank you and everyone who posted, sorry for wasting your time.

It isn't a waste of time if it helped you solve a problem. I'm sure we have all had those "boy, do I feel dumb" situations.

Since no one has,I'm going to suggest the OP actually read the Game Manual to prevent some of these ...issues.Page 13 in mine has this info.

And am I the only one whose loading screens has occasionally useful tips,including this one?

Nope, I'm a faithful reader of the game tips on the loading screens but a lot of people can't be bothered or so it seems.