Arcane enchanter charge +/-

Good day All. ;) I have been looking for the best way to Enchant. But no one say's what to do with the Charge Numbers. Should they go up or down?

-

When I'm Enchanting say a Dwarven Sword. I'll add the Absord Health. The Numbers to start with are Charges 60 and Absorb 11.  So say I lower the Absorb to 1 and the Charges move up to 852. Whats better to Have. The Charges higher or Lower?

-

Thank you for any Info. ;)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Depends on what you're trying to do.  If you're trying to level enchanting, I found that whatever gets you the more expensive weapon (usually higher damage/less charges) will level enchanting faster.  If you're actually intending to use the weapon then it's up to you.  Personally, I would rather do more damage and recharge with petty/lesser/common gems since you'll get plenty of them.  Either way, more damage/less charges is what I go with.

More Charge = far better, but what you want is a balance between Charge and Damage.

Charges going up, yes, but not charges at 852 for 1 hitpoint... that's no good. A balance is needed, and you'll base that balance on things like your weapon's damage, your weapon's swing rate, how often you want to be charging your items and how much you rely on your enchantment.

The charge is how many times you can use the enchanted weapon. So say you did your sword with fire damage with charge 800 with 1HP damage. You can use it 852 times, dealing 1HP damage each time (you can use the sword after charge is depleted but with no fire damage) if you lower the charge, say 500 charge, the damage input would go up (Example) 20HP damage. So you can then you use sword 500 times inflicted 20HP damage each time.

Well tell you the truth. I'm selling all my unused idems and I know to keep the good stuff. But when it comes time. To make the prefect Armor / Weapons. I'm just wondering what better to have the charges at. Hate to Enchant something and it's no good..

-

Thanks.

^

He's right, except for the fact that 800 charges doesn't give you 852 hits. Hits or Uses = Charges. There is also no way to check how many charges a full item has unless you're creating it at the Enchanter, unless I'm mistaken.

Charges Up = Damage Down and vice versa.

I see. I have been going Balince with the stuff I have been using. But stuff that I'm just selling. I have been using up the weaker Gems and not getting much gold for. I know to save the Greater, Black and Grand sole Gems. For myself.

[quote user="TeeMan69XXX"]

I see. I have been going Balince with the stuff I have been using. But stuff that I'm just selling. I have been using up the weaker Gems and not getting much gold for. I know to save the Greater, Black and Grand sole Gems. For myself.

[/quote]If you are enchanting to sell then more damage equals more money but in addition it matter what enchantment you put on it. For weapons either Fear or Turn Undead usually give you the most coins for your effort. On armor I think it's Magic regeneration that gives the most return. For selling I always just make leather bracers and iron daggers and use petty gem stones. And one interesting thing I discovered. If you enchant a wood axe worth 10 gold with Fear or Turn Undead it gives the best return. I got 300 coins for one and it's list was 651. Pickaxes are also good for that. 

Cool Thank you. ;)

[quote user="The Lady Bastet"]

[quote user="TeeMan69XXX"]

[/quote]If you are enchanting to sell then more damage equals more money but in addition it matter what enchantment you put on it. For weapons either Fear or Turn Undead usually give you the most coins for your effort. On armor I think it's Magic regeneration that gives the most return. For selling I always just make leather bracers and iron daggers and use petty gem stones. And one interesting thing I discovered. If you enchant a wood axe worth 10 gold with Fear or Turn Undead it gives the best return. I got 300 coins for one and it's list was 651. Pickaxes are also good for that. 

[/quote]

...don't forget about all the ragged clothes too.  The nice thing about those is they're only 1 lbs....can be easily collected and enchanted for massive profits.  I can make about 500-1000 on clothes that are worth 1 before being enchanted.

"For weapons either Fear or Turn Undead usually give you the most coins for your effort".

If you've got it, Banish will outsell those... leveling Enchanting with Iron Daggers and Banish they'll be listed as over 2, 000 initially.