Arcade Mode Really Defensive?

So, to celebrate the release of the new KI update today, I decided to play through Arcade mode using my favorite character Thunder. I chose medium difficulty because I didn't want the game to be too hard and you know what? It was HARD. Not in the they'll kick your butt sense, but the AI's defense was top notch - they blocked easily 80% of my attacks and throwing never worked. I spent an hour alone against Orchid (she was the 2nd to last fight right before Fulgore) who would easily do 50%+ damage to me in single combos. And this was on MEDIUM!? I have an easier time fighting actual players! Heck, it felt like the entire mode was made up of cheap boss fights. :(

Anybody else think the difficulty for Arcade Mode is a bit off?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Welcome back to the 90's when arcade mode was TOUGH, and fighting games were magical!   :)

Noob is the same, they just block. Need to play through again. Now who shall it be.

It gives you more of a sense of accomplishment when you finish it.

Sense of accomplishment? I was just glad that the frustration was over and I hadn't thrown my controller at the TV - that's not what I want to feel when I complete a game!

Haha I was the same, kept cursing at orchid.

My friend's a way better player than me on this and I'll get him to try the arcade mode.

Haven't tried yet, will do so today or this weekend. Debating on Spinal or Wulf first. Though I'll need to brush up again before playing. I swear my memory is bad when it comes to fighting games. I stop playing for a day and forget move sets lol.

It's only difficult because of how good the AI's defense is, I'll agree. It's nearly impossible to hit them on anything raw, and they rarely do anything unsafe

I normally catch them in a loop using Jago and doing crouching Light Kick to light Wind Kick. The whole defensive play style seems to be present in all modes though not just Arcade, they were doing it in Survival and VS too.

I've played through survival and VS. though and they are nowhere near as defensive as they are in Arcade Mode. Heck, their defense in the other modes from what I've seen is virtually non-existent (at least on the lower difficulties anyways).

best option my friend. learn your manuals. i lock them out 98% of the time and i always fight shadow jago :P and u need to learn to mix up otherwise they will indeed block everything once they see a pattern.