App is playing 'My Music' that isn't my music.

I'm in the 'My Music' section of Xbox Music (I always am, I never venture beyond that) and I noticed whilst playing an album that the album is in fact an edited version. I don't have any edited versions of anything. I confirmed this by going to the directory of the audio and playing the song directly and just as I suspected - the song isn't the edited version. Yet this album that I'm playing on Xbox Music is clearly edited. 

What on Earth is this program doing? It's no wonder I get ads whilst trying to play my own music - it's adding its own versions of my music into 'My Music' as if it's mine, when I have a superior copy to play off my own hard drive thus not wasting bandwidth. I really want to use this program but it's just mind boggling how it's designed in a way that I cannot support. It's just incredible how you've managed to do something right yet get it so, so wrong at the same time. It really is typical Microsoft. 

I'm really not happy about this. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Oh God, and whilst playing the rest of this album (which I physically own) I get an ad. Just unbelievable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hiya Madmya. Man, that is super frustrating.. Where did you get that music from by chance?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've ripped the music myself using Exact Audio Copy in conjunction with an mp3 encoder.  That's besides the point. I don't understand why Xbox Music is over-complicating a simple issue of playing what's on my hard drive. It's disgusting that I get ads when I try to do that, it's infuriating that it streams a different version online automatically (probably at a lower bit rate too).

Sorry this didn't help.

If you navigate to the song file through Windows Explorer and right-click to play with "Music" does it work better?

Sorry this didn't help.

It plays the song as it should which is what I stated in my original post (i.e. the original, non-edited version). That, again, is besides the point. Why is 'Music' playing a version that isn't 'mine' in 'my music'.

Sorry this didn't help.