App icons broke ms-recource:DESC

Ok, so my apps are all grayed out and the text all says mc-resource:DESC_APPNAME and then an inconsistent other lines. I have no way of telling app from app. I need help. Im also connected to the internet and restarted twice does not seem to help. Id rather not reset the whole thing because I have alot of data on it and itll take for ever to reinstall all of it. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Having the same problem since 2 days ago. From reading other threads dealing with this, it seems to be an issue that ms has known about for a number of months.  Unfortunately, beyond suggesting powering the xbox down completely, the only fix at the moment seems to be a factory reset, which Suuuuucccckkkkkks!!!!!!! I have over 300 gb of games installed on my hard drive and it would take an unmerciful amount of time to redownload everything again. Heck it took over a day to download master chief collection alone.  I really hope they come up with a proper fix for this as a factory reset every time this happens is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  My console is only about 5 months old.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.