App crashes and restarts my computer while streaming :-\

I upgraded to windows 10 and set up game streaming using the Xbox App without any problems. The problem I'm having is that while streaming after about 30mins of playing, the app will crash, the screen will turn dark and then after a few minutes my computer will restart. I suspect it may be a driver problem. Anyone else experienced something similar?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 65 Applies to:

I also have this problem and its rather annoying. Just playing along then my video stops but audio and chat is still working, then my monitors shut down and computer restarts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there,

First, would you be able to check this article here: Troubleshooting Xbox app Game Streaming on Windows 10 , to see if this helps you with your problem streaming on the Xbox App.

Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps to try and fix this problem?

Can you also make sure that your device meets the system requirements for the Xbox App please. You can check the system requirements through this link here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/windows-10/getstarted-streaming-games

Have you also tried to set your graphics to energy efficient, as this may allow you to stream without the app crashing.

This thread may also help you with this issue as well:
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/f/5411/t/2017375.aspx

Please let me know how this goes,
Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.