APARTMENTS ARE ALL THE SAME!!!! Do not buy 400k one!!

Hi all,

Just a heads up so you avoid making the same mistakes I have and also to help you save ALOT of money!! Do not buy the 400k apartment, it's identical in every way to the 200k ones. Same room layout, same garage, same everything!! Only difference is you're paying the extra cash.... for a view!!

If you wish to go for the 400k one then by all means do it, just thought i'd let you guys know so that you could probably save some cash.

Must say though personally i'm disgusted with this. I'f id of paid for game money using MS points and bought this then I would of been fuming!!

Is there any way to get hold of rockstar and submit a ticket etc to voice my opinion?

Many thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks for the heads up, will save me wasting cash when I reach that point, still to get my first apartment :(

I saved up since day one to get the 400k one. Just made that amount now after endless games haha. So to finally get it and see that it's identical to my friends who just bought the 289k apartment (in a different building!) is a huge kick in the teeth :(

I feel somewhat robbed haha. Needless to say my friends having a good laugh at my expense :(

And to top it off I have to pay more rent etc on the apartment daily than he does!! Argh!!!

Location location location! Pretty much determine which one has the better view and outerior architecture. And like I said, location.

thanks for the heads up man!

i have a few questions about garages/apartments if you guys could answer:

1. I've heard you can only have one, is this true? Can you have an apt and a separate garage somewhere?  Like if I keep my current 2 car garage, then eventually can buy an apartment, will i no longer be able to access my original garage?

2. What are the perks of an apartment?  I usually just grab my car and do missions, etc, is there anything in there worth the money to even buy it or do you just buy them because that's the biggest thing to save for?

3. What happens if 2 people own the same garage/house.  Like I own the $33,000 garage... if my friend owns the same garage, and we get into the same free mode, how can we both use the same garage location? (or apartment for that matter)

G3nesys:

1. You can only have one garage and one apartment, if you purchase another that one will be replaced and you will get a slight discount.

2. As far as I know apartments don't do much now, but I've heard only certain apartments have rooms where you can plan heists when they become available.

3. If you own the same garage or house you can both go in them at the same time, and they won't be in yours with you.

I too am saving up for an apt, but wondering why should I bother?  What is really the purpose of an apt? Everytime I load, my car is there next to me.  I guess you neeed an apt to do heists?

That is a common mistake people make.  The apartments are similar, but they are not the same.  The whiskey tastes better in the $400k apartment...  

[quote user="Rich Cashster"]

I too am saving up for an apt, but wondering why should I bother?  What is really the purpose of an apt? Everytime I load, my car is there next to me.  I guess you neeed an apt to do heists?

[/quote]

It was confirmed that you will need an apartment to do heists.  Apartments also make it easier to lose stars in MP.

@NEWFOUND

So if i have a garage only unit right now, i can get an apartment and keep my garage? or do you mean if the apartment has a garage, it will replace the garage i have that is by itself?

[quote user="Legion64"]

Location location location! Pretty much determine which one has the better view and outerior architecture. And like I said, location.

[/quote]

Was going to sat this. I definitely want an apartment with an ocean view.