anyone with tips for speed reader achievement?

this seems impossible! Has anyone tried this yet, with success? Just thought that if there are others out there who have tips maybe we could get a forum posting together for everybody.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

bump. probably easier with bandanna skull and a partner. feel free to add me for any of the achievements - most are significantly easier with a buddy. i'd like to get all 1000 this week.

You can try following some of the tactics in this video:

~

[view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjNHCuo1oDE&feature=feedu]

~

Keep in mind though, the people at High Speed Halo are VERY good at this. They practice and practice until they get the best times possible. You'll notice how well they know the levels, enemy spawns, and scripted situations. They're also amazing at doing grenade jumps. That video shows that it's more than possible, so maybe trying some of their tactics will help you out.

best run so far was found here.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OGKN4z5O14]

Haha my video beat your video by 8 minutes Dawued :P

yeah, I aint even notice that, damn you Noble!!!!!!!!! LOL

wait.......ur vid is Ce not CEA...ha! i win by default!

Nuh uh! CEA is the same lol

so I try to do this, to get both speed reader and did this just happen. I run thru the level, thinking, I am awesome cuz this isn't hard at all. My skills are crazy good cuz everyone has issues with this and I ran it with ease! I ROCK!!!!!! finish the level, no speed reader pops, hmm maybe i was just over the 30min mark. hmmmm no pop for did this just happen...man what the....exit....menu....DUH!!!!!!! difficulty: ------- NORMAL!!!! SON OF A BEEECH!!!!!!! went to lengendary, got owned! All is well in the Halo universe! i realize, YES, I still suk!

The Bandana skull, shotguns, and co-op are key.  As soon as you start be ready to grab some shotguns asap.  The more you know the level, the better (enemy spawns).  As you go through you will know exactly where to throw a few or ten grenades.  This will help a lot.  Finish the rest of the combat forms with your shotgun.  When I first attempted to get this I figured without a doubt both people had to run through the level while not stopping for anything.  After about the tenth death or we came to the conclusion we should clear out the enemies as we run.  So basically frag and shotgun as you run.  You tend not to get checkpoints until you clear out all enemies or are at a point where there are no enemies.  Take 10 seconds each encounter to clear out the enemies and keep running shooting backwards and spamming frags as you go. In almost every part of the level there are parts where the Flood doesn't spawn.  Find that spot as you go and spam grenades.  Trial and error... Got this one first try.  No joke.  We were absolutely shocked.  

Forgot to say when you revert to your last checkpoint, the timer goes back to where it was.  It took us 45 minutes to beat it, but more than 15 minutes of that was spent dying and reverting lol.  

I just got "Speed Reader" and "That Just Happened" in the same run and WOW. I feel so accomplished now. That is no easy feat, I'll tell you that much. As has been said, Bandana and Shotguns are the keys to success. Other than that, you need to get some practice in. I think a few of the very first encounters with the Flood are the hardest to get by, and it gets (somewhat) easier as you advance. But be warned, some of those combat forms can take 3 or 4 point blank shotgun blasts to the face and still bash you to death.

~

EDIT: If you're going for "That Just Happened" as well, I'd recommend using the Iron skull so the level automatically resets when you die.