Anyone use a headset anymore??

It would be awesome to find some peeps that use them.  Its getting annoying when no one communicates and the squad just scatters and all go one against 3 or 4 against the other team the whole game.... 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Mafivee"]I imagine you're fairly new and inexperienced with online gaming OP?  If so, spend a bit more time and you'll see why people never use them or are in party chat.[/quote]

I've been playing Xbox Live since 2005, and I always use my headset.

I use them, but I just can't really get into halo for any extended period of time.

I use my headset to communicate with people all of the time just like ChainSmokingBob., but with 2 key differences:

1) if somebody's trash-talking or being a douchebag in some way, I don't bother responding - I mute them & move on. Talking smack back to someone who's being rude & disruptive doesn't fix the problem but only makes it twice as bad since there are now 2 people doing it.

2) If I have a full team of friends, I'll sometimes use party chat with them to facilitate privacy.

does anyone really use their mic anymore? I remember back in Halo2 days almost everyone used their mic because it was the new thing and cool back then. Now in almost any game you'll be lucky to have one person that actually uses their mic.

Well i use mine. Regardless of the children that go nuts on there. I just mute them and move onto to those that wantto talk like a normal person. I like the chatter and the help during the game. I guess if you have had bad experience, i could see why, but you have the option to mute and block annoying gamers. :/

I imagine you're fairly new and inexperienced with online gaming OP?  If so, spend a bit more time and you'll see why people never use them or are in party chat.

I haven't, Isaac, but I also hadn't participated in the thread.

I always use my mic and I'll happily talk to anyone. If you talk crap, I'll talk crap. Call out and I'll call out. So on and so forth. I love games where Party Chat is less common specifically for that reason.

I use a mic but rarely find anyone willing to hold a conversation. Hence why I just stick in party chat when my friends are online. Kinda sucks that the amount of people using a mic online slowly dropped over the years. Thats how I used to find new people to play with but it doesnt seem to happen anymore.

I use mic's and I communicate with teammates regularly.

Rarely.