Anyone think the Meatshield Is Rubbish?

Doesn't seem to provide anywhere as much protection as in Gears 2.  It was a good last second life-saver.  Plus it provides absolutely no protection from a certain weapon which I won't mention.  Pretty useless now.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I havent picked nearly as many people up as I did in 2, but I did notice you have to hit people 3 or 4 times now if you have a meatshield, and by then your probably in pieces due to that weapon you wont mention.

I really haven't been able to meat shield anyone outside of CTL, mainly because if you down someone people rush to kill said downed person to get their little 20xp. Executions are satisfying, but not nearly as common these days.

* Biting tongue*

I love the meatshield. If I am ever in a firefight with more than 1 enemy and a down one, I instantly use the meatshield. I think it has more health than the average player because I have taken a full shot from an SOS and didn't lose it.

Dont forget you can also tag the meatshield with any grenade in your inventory and kick it towards opponents by pressing up on the d pad

It does seem sorta useless in this game as compared to Gow2, though the tag the shield and then kick them towards the foe feature is amazing.

Tag the foe and kick them and see a corpse with no legs running around is pretty cool.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. When I have a meatshield, especially with a gorgon SMG, my foes either die or cower in terror. (unless I'm fighting by myself because then they gang up on me like a pack of hyenas)

Works best for me on KOTH that’s when I use it the most. Also it's best to know when to ditch the body and pull out the shotty instead of holding it for as long as possible.

Hmm, seems to work pretty effectively for me. It is more situational than the Gears 2, though.