Anyone still play MP?

Anyone still play the Multiplayer for this game? Thinking about picking it up again and playing it on my new account.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, I'm still playin'...I'm trying to reach General-Rank for the final achievement for me :P

There are still quite a few people playing.  Haven't had a problem finding games

I wouldn't. Nothings changed, and it's just a bad RTS

I would love to play, I will accept friend requests for this game. I played it heavily over the past summer and school year, then my halo wars friend left me, and i refuse to play with randoms in 3v3 randoms

Define bad.

I love Halo Wars online gaming. For me there is nothing better...but I love strategy games and generally dislike shooters unless there is something very compelling about the shooter. There are always at least 6000 people playing Halo Wars. It has a VERY intense group of core supporters. Go ahead and pick it up! We can always use another Halo Wars fanatic!

Thousands of people still play this. :)

[quote user="The15mmShim"]

Define bad.

[/quote]

In comparison with other RTS games, particularly PC ones, it's actually quite shallow and simply designed (i.e. specific base plots around the map and can only build around "base" building, 1 resource, unlimited resource generation).  It has a lot of fun and challenging moments during the campaign and playing co-op was a fun addition to the single player style, but on MP the general rule was, expect 1-2 different tactics dictated by the faction someone chose:

Anders - Hog rush, Hawk spam

Cutter - Elephant Rush, ODST spam

Prophet of Regret - Cleanse rush

And so on... Ensemble studios were notorious for this design in the Age of Empires games, structuring most civilizations around specializing in one unit, so you knew what to expect most games.  2-3 months into this game's release, I dropped out of Mplayer due to lack of variability in games.  This is not to say it is necessarily a *bad* game; It's still a fun game to occasionally replay the campaign and do AI skirmishes, but I tend to play Starcraft when I play a competitive RTS.

Still many players and I still love the online gameplay. I find it's a lot more challenging than it used to be, there are more rushers, more boost tactics which are now widely known and a lot of low-rankers are surprisingly good. Definitely get it back! :)

anyone want to coop campaign then message me on xbl