anyone preorder online?

I preordered online at gamestop, got the collectors edition and went to check the shipping status today.  up until now everything has appeared fine with my order but now status says backordered.   I have not received any notification by email that says my item is shipping today, paid for overnight delivery.  I even called but they said it's just a computer error and not to worry about it.   that doesn't encourage me to much

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I preordered from Amazon. My shipping status is shipping soon with a delivery estimated for tomorrow, so everything is fine with my order.

Also on Amazon, the release day delivery is only 99 cents or so. I usually order everything off of Amazon because they have never once failed to deliver a game to me on time.

ok now im starting to get a bit worried.  still says backordered.  called gamestop, they said they have not received any of their dark souls orders in yet.  going to be really pissed because only money I have has to last me till next payday.   got this off of a bunch of game trade ins

I've always wondered how release day deliver works.    I know for a fact gamestop you have to pay the 9.99 overnight if you want it mailed to you on release day.    does Amazon actually get it to you on release day for the slowest and cheapest delievery option?    Not that it matters now.   ill just have to wait, not going to be pleased at all.  but if amazon does this I know where im ordering from now on.

Yep, amazon pre orders have $0.99 preorder shipping on the majority of their games. The last game I ordered online through Gamestop was Fable 2 and it did kind of the same thing that you are talking about. After days of complaining to Gamestop customer support I was able to get free shipping and got my game a week after I was suppose to get it. Therefore, I will only ever order from gamestop if it is at the store. I've happily used Amazon ever since.