Anyone not enjoy it as much as Asylum?

I am liking the game, but i dont find it as good as asylum? For me the open world is not working for me. I actually enjoyed the psuedo linearity of the first one. I just want to progress the story and find traversing between the chapter points. Maybe I am just getting too old and my attention span is harder to hold!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was very disappointed the first time i played as it felt very overwhelming having so much to do at once,but the more i played the more i grew to love the game.

the only part of the game i ended up hating was the AR missions,as they were just so difficult,and the respawning enemies everytime you entered or left an area or building.

i also used to really dislike the combat challenges but in this one they are easy and fun.

I felt the open world was very empty. Take away the riddles and there isnt much to it. I enjoyed this game but enjoyed the first more.

I think I only enjoyed Asylum(brilliant game right out the gate by the way) because it was fresh and new and I wasn't expecting a Batman game to look and play that good. Totally took me by surprise and by the time I finished it, it just left me wanting more. Arkham City gave me more, but didn't change the formula, which is exactly what I wanted. Shock and surprise factor goes to AA, but AC is a better game imo. Arkham City didn't surprise me as much, it took everything great about Asylum and gave me more of it. I love em both.

I enjoyed the first more mainly because it was longer.

I began another Asylum playthrough recently, and I must say, it was a definite letdown after finishing Arkham City 100%, even the Scarecrow level wasn't enough to keep me interested, I doubt that I'll finish it.  I do realise that much of it has to do with countless playthroughs (Asylum), but the gameplay is nowhere near the precision of Arkham City, Catwoman alone makes Arkham City the better game, but it also surpasses, for me, Asylum in just about every aspect...:-)

AA is better in every way!

I enjoyed the first one more.  AC just didn't seem to add anything new.  Of course, I played my son's copy and I wasn't about to pay for the Catwoman content that was on the disk.  I liked the Riddler trophies in the first game, but I didn't even try to find them in AC.

as much as i liked the first one i think this one is better in every way!! better gadgets better combat and more to do!! just my opinion.

if you go back to AA after playing AC for a while you can really see and feel the difference in gameplay.

AA had a better storyline but AC is the better game overall.

Being as I just finished my 6th playthrough, I'd say I'm enjoying it as much as AA. I've played through the Normal story and New Game+ on both of my XBL gold accounts, and just finished NG+ on my PS3, so, yeah....... game is amazing.