Anyone got the Duke yet?

Anyone playing Duke Nukem yet? Really wanting it to be good!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

nope wont touch it with barge poll its rubbish just like the old ones lets go red faction :)

I'll be picking it up in the morning, I've played the demo and I'm not expecting much

not worth £40 - i say £3 pound most i wud pay for it

im picking it up next wednesday, can NOT wait to get the balls of steel edition.

Nope, but I got the first access demo.

I suppose no reviews... means bad news!

i tried the demo, personally i wouldn't buy it but i might rent it

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

im picking it up next wednesday, can NOT wait to get the balls of steel edition.

[/quote]

getting my PO on the 14th as well...might as well have fun online b4 i go silver...

[quote user="Drzg"]

i tried the demo, personally i wouldn't buy it but i might rent it

[/quote]

BOS edition= epic, too bad its sold out everywhere.

I've been playing DNF all afternoon on my PS3 so here are some of my early thoughts;

For a start the graphics, as expected are not that pretty, if anyone can think back to 3D Realms only 360 game 'Prey' then your damn close to knowing how DNF looks. Its dated, its like a HD remake of a XBox game.

Having said that this game is not going to live or die on how it looks and all fans of DN and his one liners and sense of humor will feel at home playing this kind of game, its had me laughing quite a bit and I've just got past the Las Vegas mission lines. Its a parody of lot and lots of games, if your up to date with film and game culture your going to get the jokes but I doubt anyone under the age limit for this game will really get what DNF is all about.

The way it plays is how you would expect, if anyone downloaded the remake of 'Perfect Dark' it plays quite similar to that, the game doesn't force you down alley after alley of enemies until the next check point, you can take your time and explore the levels.  

Being honest I think this game will get slaughtered by the critics, I seriously think sites like IGN will be handing Duke anywhere between 4 and 7 out of 10, yes that low. Its a fun game but as an overall package it is lacking. But if you can see past its flaws there is a good game here, I can see lots of people being disappointed though.