Anyone feel Xbox live is dropping quailty ?

Hi Guys,

My main reason for saying this is the PSN seems to have a few open betas for games, they also give free games away from paying members of the PSN

Now with Xbox live you get discounts of some arcade games and DLC but why no free games here and there?

Also I think the last beta was COD4 and it was awesome, It would be good to see MS have some betas on the marketplace

Thoughts?

Cheers

Tim

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, we pay for arcade games.   PSN hasn't crashed for me.   The only problem I had was that time it was down for weeks.

[quote user="ThugLife67889"]

PSN is universal across all ps3 game with the exception of MGO and like i said the only diference is the party chat , you can still play online games, rent movies, music ,Buy games , arcade games etc.. i dont really see where the $60 goes to Games dont even use dedicated servers on Xbox 360

[/quote]better indie support ,better arcade games, old servers work way better evt . i can go on and on but would like to point ot ou missed thats a few xbox games are starting to support dedicated servers.oh and did we forget the huge psn crash?y

My $60 for Live, majority goes to cross party chat and voice message support. Then the occasional gold member discounts. My $50 for  Plus goes to discounts and rewards. When PSN gets party chat and voice message support is the day I question, what am I really paying for on Xbox Live?

PSN is universal across all ps3 game with the exception of MGO and like i said the only diference is the party chat , you can still play online games, rent movies, music ,Buy games , arcade games etc.. i dont really see where the $60 goes to Games dont even use dedicated servers on Xbox 360

Have there been less demos lately for the big games?   None for Dead Island, Deus EX, Fear 3, The Cartel, Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.    Hope RAGE has a demo.

Some of these are squeals in which there was a demo to the original.

Does MS have anything to do with that or is it totally down to the devs?  Because I know 360 has a lot more demos for full retail games than PS3, which is nice.

[quote user="ThugLife67889"]

PSN and live are the same except the voice chat

[/quote]

The "same" is very subjective. How about the ease of use being that XBL is the only Platform with a Unified Profile across all Titles and Invites (including Game, Chat, Party and such)?

PSN and live are the same except the voice chat

[quote user="AFlockOfBunnies"]

Do I feel that XBL is dropping in quality?  Nope.  As long as XBL allows me to play online, chat with friends in Party Chat, and continue to be a portal for digital distribution, it's fulfilling what it's supposed to be.  Avatars, Facebook, twitter, open betas, and the such are just add ons to the service.  

Has the service evolved?  Yes.  Do the additional add-ons interest me?  No.  But they interest others, so be it.

The forums on the other hand, are on a level of suckage that can't be currently measured by any man-made instrument.

[/quote]

Pretty much this, that is if the Forums allow me to Post today (?)

Do I feel that XBL is dropping in quality?  Nope.  As long as XBL allows me to play online, chat with friends in Party Chat, and continue to be a portal for digital distribution, it's fulfilling what it's supposed to be.  Avatars, Facebook, twitter, open betas, and the such are just add ons to the service.  

Has the service evolved?  Yes.  Do the additional add-ons interest me?  No.  But they interest others, so be it.

The forums on the other hand, are on a level of suckage that can't be currently measured by any man-made instrument.

Xbox 360 really is falling behide.

I dont mind MS spend too much focus on Kinect but what I care is they can't even produce any GOOD kinect game where they spend most of time working.

MS should treat Gears of War as a god, that is the only last reason I keep my xbox. One day when it goes multiplat I will leave xbox for good and never look back.