Anyone fear that next gen consoles won't be able to do 1080p HD graphics.

So I just heard that Deadrising 3 is only 720p....then theres COD:G in 720p....then theres BF3 done in 720p and only 900p on PS4.  I don't know of many except Killzone on the PS4 that is 1080p....but that is taking a hit to framerate which will be at 30fps.

So whats got me worried, about both consoles....especially the X1....this hardware is not alien to these devs.  It's X86 architecture. 

So the whole "give them time to learn the new architecture" really doesn't apply here.  I mean....apparently they are already maxing the consoles out.  This is 2013....1080p has been out for years.  It should be the norm.

I don't care about graphics that much anymore....graphics have gotten to the point where it's easy for me to get immersed into a game, but stil, it's a little disheartening.

I know I'm going to get 1000 replies saying "GRAPHICS DON'T MEAN DIDDLY....IT'S GAMEPLAY" from LeetawesomeGuy1000....but you and I both know that graphics are nice....and do in fact add to the experience....and that at this point in time of technology....1080p should be pretty standard.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well putting aside that 720 is technically HD, I think it is more than just the hardware that is the issue.

-

I find it more likely that the devs are having issue with the operating systems for the new console. With the Xbox One for example they have to take into account the 'Snap' feature'

Honestly I don't think the consoles are strong enough to do it. I wholeheartedly expect another generation of upscaling just with higher graphical fidelity or a lot of games running at 30fps.

I guess I should change the title....as  you are right: 720p is in fact HD.  I was mainly talking about 1080p.  My mistake.

People get far too worked up over the difference between 720P and 1080P. Why does it matter? The difference isn't mind blowing. The games will look damn good regardless and as long as they play and perform well, it doesn't matter.

I honestly don't care I am more of a gameplay kind of guy and 720p graphics are just fine by my standards.

My TV tends to look better in 720p than 1080 for some reason lol.

Xbox One has at least 3 games at 1080p. Only one is 1080p@60fps. Regardless 720p on Xbox 360 will not look the same as 720p on Xbox One. I haven't seen a single game on 360 that looked as good as Dead Rising 3 nor did any have a massive amount of on-screen AI either. Both systems are fine and worrying about it even slightly is a waste of time tbh.

I do not care. As long it plays the game. But it might take few years before developers get hand of XB1 system. Because XB1 trying something new. And that is having three OS in the console instead of one.  PS4 only has one OS. And that why it easy to developed with. On paper three OS really a best thing. But the thing is that programmers are used to a single OS in a devices like XBOX 360. I say the next gen. They will improved the idea of tri OS and make it easy to make games for. Everything that come out first of something. It never does well what they made it for. It takes the next gen of the devices to get where they wanted at. And XB2 will be what XB1 wanted to be at with three OS. And this time. MS will make it so. It balances with the games and KINECT 3.0 with the ram. I was making this. I would had it at 16GB of ram. 3GB for OS. 3GB for KINECT 2.0 And 8GB for games. But that would make it cost too much thought. But that my take how much ram should be on  XB1.

Unless any of you guys have "Darkstar One" most of you have never played a 1080p game yet in your lives.

I hate to bust your bubble but there are better looking games at lower resolutions than "Darkstare One".

Az

[quote user="ICN3D"]

So I just heard that Deadrising 3 is only 720p....then theres COD:G in 720p....then theres BF3 done in 720p and only 900p on PS4.  I don't know of many except Killzone on the PS4 that is 1080p....but that is taking a hit to framerate which will be at 30fps.

So whats got me worried, about both consoles....especially the X1....this hardware is not alien to these devs.  It's X86 architecture. 

So the whole "give them time to learn the new architecture" really doesn't apply here.  I mean....apparently they are already maxing the consoles out.  This is 2013....1080p has been out for years.  It should be the norm.

I don't care about graphics that much anymore....graphics have gotten to the point where it's easy for me to get immersed into a game, but stil, it's a little disheartening.

I know I'm going to get 1000 replies saying "GRAPHICS DON'T MEAN DIDDLY....IT'S GAMEPLAY" from LeetawesomeGuy1000....but you and I both know that graphics are nice....and do in fact add to the experience....and that at this point in time of technology....1080p should be pretty standard.

[/quote]

erm no as 720p is HD