Anyone Else?

I've noticed that since this stupid change of the forums I've bought less games.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Seeing that game icon in the gamertag reminds me of a game I forgot about.  Reading about a game I may have missed out on.  So on and so on.  Just curious. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I gave away my X360 since the forums changed.  Did not do it because of the new forums persay, but the new forums sure don't help!

lack of good games being released.

I don't know that it's affected my game spending habits yet, but until the forum change, I did not realize how much the interaction with other gamers added to my interest in gaming.  I don't put much weight on industry sales hype, but I do listen to the opinions of others in the community when it comes to games and DLC. 

Since the forum change, between the excessive load times and extra navigation work, I almost never browse the individual game forums anymore.   Even if I manage to get to or favorite a game forum, there is precious little interaction when compared to the old forum, if it isn't downright empty.   For better or worse, my hangout is the General Game Discussion Forum now and little else.

Maybe it has had an impact, as there is no game on the horizon that I feel I must have. 

You bought less games because of the forums ? Wow did I read that right,please tell me if I didnt because that may be there most retarded thing ive seen on the internet and I am constantly at Ebaumsworld.

It is a bit stupid to stop buying games just because the forums aren't so good. If anything you should be buying more games seems you spend less time on the forums.

I've bought fewer games this generation because all the games seem the same to me. I'm not into FPS or the general military theme that's so popular today. Not that I hate them, but does every damn game have to be one? When I start seeing some variety, diversity & creativity, I'll start buying games again.

It's been the exact opposite for me actually. I've spent my fair share of time on the forums, but I've also spent a lot of time playing more games.

Words do not begin to describe how full of fail this Thread is?? Really?? You buy less Games because of a Forum??

No way. Right now, sure, but that's cause there's no games. I've already got 4 games pre-ordered, and there's more to come.

I don't think a forum has ever convinced me to buy a game unless it is to play with people from that forum. I discuss games but I don't really use a forum to tell me what game I need next. I buy less games at the moment because I've taken to spending all of my money on books instead. :|