Anyone Else Thinks Microsoft is Too Lenient on People Who Break the ToU?

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/p/22665/142044.aspx#142044

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/p/21921/137368.aspx#137368

Aside from those being totally hilarious, they also just go to show that people who mod/scam/hack are un-trustworthy people. How are people like this allowed to go back into Xbox Live? I honestly think that anyone who has modded/scammed/hacked should not just permanently lose their account, but the ability to go online using their Xbox. Chances are they'll probably just make a  new account and do it again

Anyone else think Microsoft is too lenient and should just console ban ANY type of modding/hacking/scamming?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Juliet's the best.

Oh man, quality posts by Juliet there. Love that portion of the forums.

Juliet is my favourite. I don`t even read the other posts anymore. Here is another good Juliet post regarding OCD.

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

Juliet's the best.

[/quote]

No love for Golf?  She's pretty good too.

Back on topic:  I can see the thinking behind giving an account ban, over a console ban.  Give them another chance to redeem themselves on a new account.  Unfortunately, many modders simply take it as a chance to mod again.  This is when they should be console banned.  

Also, I think those who create fake accounts to phish others should be given an instant console ban.  

They are harsh enough.  People already stand to lose $100's worth of content, so that should be punishment enough and if they continue to do it and are found to to be repeated offenders, then fair enough.

Most of these guys are relatively young kids and they, just like we did as kids, tend to make boneheaded judgements.

They should also work on getting a parity of punishment.

For example mod your avatar and you are permanently banned. Mod your gamerscore and that gets reset, with a Cheater watermark added to the account.

Both examples of modding are done in a very similar way, yet one gets an instant ban and the other gets what amounts to a warning.

I think every account that gets banned should be added to a list that we can look at.

The only thing MS needs to improve on is GAMERSCORE RESETS. The offender should NOT get a second chance. They should get their account permanently banned from XBL. ALL other modding offenses are handled with a PERMANENT ACCOUNT BAN, this should be no different.

The XBL Terms of Service and Code of Conduct are very clear on the issue of modding/cheating/hacking. No where in either of them does it say if you mod your gamer score we'll just give you a second chance. What it does say is if you mod/cheat/hack any of the system software/hardware you will be permanently banned from XBL. So, when is MS going to enforce that? The policies should be enforced EQUALLY.

I hate game mods that help people to have an advantage in a game. Those people should get permanently removed from xbox live. Why don't they allow modding that you see if your playing counterstrike on the PC?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Those replies were funny as hell, especially the first one!