Anyone else out there really disappointed?

Am I the only one who feels like 343 doesn't know what their doing?

I've been a life-long Halo fan and this game has really been a huge disappointment for me because the writers have made some terrible choices in the fates and developments in the lives of  certain characters and from reading the notes on Spartan Ops I get the feeling the writers are making it up as they go, one chapter at a time with no real end goal or direction.

Without any spoilers, overall I was let down by the results of Halo 4 and I feel that in the hands of 343 Industries the series is going nowhere, and at the end of Spartan Ops, there is nowhere for this story to go.

But this naturally is my opinion and I want some feedback

Discussion Info

Last updated July 20, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think they're doing a great job. MP could've been a little more balanced, but it's very good, especially for their VERY first game ever. I mean, we as Halo fans need to be a LITTLE lenient when it comes to this since this is 343's very first full fledged game. The story of Spartan Ops was very well done, IMO. The gameplay got a little stale in some missions, but there isn't too much you can do to be innovative in an FPS. I think the campaign was spectacular and it ended on a note which allows for the (obvious) expansion of the franchise. Spartan Ops ended on a massive cliffhanger, which actually makes me very anxious for the next part of the story.

I like your point that its their first full on game, I hadn't considered it from that perspective. And yes cliffhanger is the right word but concern came from the endings of past Halo games. (in comparison) Halo 2 you knew what was going on and what the setup for 3 was, Chief has to stop Truth but then at the same time you don't really know whats up with Cortana. I enjoyed that mix of 'here we go' and 'what's gonna happen?' and after campaign and Ops in 4 I felt lost in terms of where the story was going. I've got too much 'whats gonna happen?'

Thank you for the response, I really appreciate your views.

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

~

~

~

Yeah, there were a few loose ends which haven't been cleared yet, but that's how they're going to keep players buying their games. The story of Halo is HUGE, and cliffhangers almost guarantee that people will come back to find out what's happening next. If Spartan Ops ends at season 1, then we can assume that Halo 5 will have something to do with Jul M'Dama and Dr. Halsey. If Dr. Halsey is about to form an alliance with the Covies to get revenge on the UNSC, maybe we'll have another moral conflict with Master Chief and him being ordered to kill Dr. Halsey, the creator of the Spartan program.

And I wouldn't want to buy that game, that's so unbelievable and elementary.

I'm not really disappointed with Halo 4 but it still doesn't live up to prior Halos. It's an okay game to me, but I never really could get into it for a good length of time. I think it's just time to close up the Chief story line, at least. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on that, but it's just what I think.

97% of teens won't stand up for God. If you're one of the 3% who will, put this in your sig".

I never understood why people did what they were told in cases like this. It's a very common way to spread your message, yet it's ridiculously successful.

"I'm not really disappointed with Halo 4 but it still doesn't live up to prior Halos".

I agree.

I personally think Halo 4 is one of THE best Halo games created.  The only other Halo that is close is Halo 3.  Just my opinion but I truly love this game.  

However I do miss a few things from Halo 3.  

1. English speaking enemies.

2. Scarabs (getting close with the Harvester in Spartan ops)

3. Brutes

Other than these 3 features missing from H4,  I think H4 is the best Halo game I have ever played.

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]3. Brutes[/quote]Elites > Brutes

"2. Scarabs (getting close with the Harvester in Spartan ops)".

THE HARVERSTER DID NOT EVEN DO ANYTHING, CAMARO.

And Elites > Brutes, I agree, but... H1 Elites > Halo 3 Brutes.

^ You really do get mad about that Harvester dont you. lmao  We were able to go inside, power it up, and shoot a massive hole in a wall.  It clearly did something.