Anyone else like fishing games

I know fishing games may not be on the "Hot" list as I like to call it,but they are another game type and I'm just curious how many like those game types. How many like fishing game and would like one more to have online multiplayer capabilties for the xbox 360?  If you notice,that's the only category to not have a single online multiplayer,even the hunting games have 1 that has online multiplayer. I'm just curious who else likes fishing games and wish there was just 1,even if the only 1,ever released for the xbox 360? I think that would be a nice idea for a new game. I'm looking for others who have played some of those kind and think it would be a good idea for development. It may not be a "hot" game type like c.o.d or halo type games,but fishing is another type of game. Anyone else think so?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 48 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Online multiplayer would be fun in a fishing game and if you don't agree it just shows you don't like fishing games.

I used to love the fishing in Final Fantasy Online. It's since been changed and kinda lame, but used to be awesome. Worked with the day, time of day, cycles of the moon, etc.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Best Fishing Game, Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

[/quote]

I agree

[quote user="Tough Pro"]

Bass pro shops: The strike had nice graphics and the rod accessory was cool. You would get a hit and the reel piece actually turn like it was a real fish pulling your drag.I thought that one was hilarious,watching the reel piece turn and turn everytime you catch a fish. Never seen that kind of design before,LOL.That would have been a nice one for "The Strike" to have had online multiplayer or even rapala kinect. That would be exciting,using the kinect to fish with and trying to compete online.

[/quote]

I had my eye on Bass Pro Shop but didnt have a chance to rent it yet.  You say that was enjoyable?  I think online would be fun. Cruising around in boats together looking for great fishing spots. Checking out the scenery.   I played a couple fishing games on the xbox that were really fun. I dont think I have played one on the 360 yet but would like to. 

Sims 3 also has fishing and you can level it up. In fact you can build your own pond and fish from your back yard in that game. lol    You can also sell the fish or put them in your pond to fish for later. Its actually very fun.

I would like to have fishing as a mini game of any games.

Personally, I would not purchase a game solely for fishing. Of course this is my own preference of choice.

Yep,developers and publishers are not paying any attention to an opportunity of a new idea. Maybe one will sooner or later. For hunting games, I don't know if you're aware of this title "Field and Stream:Total Outdoorsman Challenge" allows online multiplayer,but for fishing, not a single one yet.

I don't think we will see a serious hunting or fishing game any time soon, no matter how great it would be. Good developers and publishers won't pick them up. They just don't want to. It's like yelling at a brick wall.

Thanks for your comments "That Darn Cat 2". Yeah they should enhance them more. I've said that for years about fishing games. They should throw new features in them to make them more exciting and maybe more will start liking them,but they yet to make one online playable. I just hope to see one hit the market soon that has that capability for the xbox 360,because wii has one called "Hooked" and the original xbox had "Pro Fishing challenge" as we all know they stopped original from playing online,so they can put all their focus on 360,which has improved ALOT, but they should try to get a fishing game with online multiplayer in the future and throw more excitement in one like "noboundz" mentioned xp points to unlock more gear,just many new features. They can enhance the fishing kind of games for the  xbox 360,but right now if you look,nearly all of them are repeats sofar,only leaderboards. The only difference is the graphics of each,but nothing different for the features of each. It's just a new idea,the worst thing is, as long as enough don't like those kinds of games,even if they make one,you can spend countless hours searching a match and decide to give up because no one is online or no match is available. That would make it worse,so hopefully they make one more interesting with new features to draw players into it, if they do make one online playable.

[quote user="Tough Pro"]

Those of you like "csf101" and "ChainSmokingBob",who would rather go real fishing. It's an exciting sport,but this isn't about real fishing. It's about a game with online multiplayer. Fishing games are another type, as there are other sports games that people like for a video game and a real life sport. I like real fishing too,but I like it so much, I would wanna enjoy it at my home too competing online to catch the most by the end of the time. It may not be as fun as reality,but it don't mean you can't enjoy it that way too. Sure you won't get the nice dinner on the table,nor the exercise,like the real sport,but it's no different than the other sport games that are online playable.

It would be hilarious to compete online and try to catch the most before the time is up. It's just another game idea,so you either like the idea or you don't. If you don't,it's a choice of preference,but it don't stop everyone else who may agree with the idea and see how fun it can be. I think the best one I played sofar was "The Strike" and using that rod accessory it turning and turning like a real fish dragging the line. I laugh so hard everytime because I've never seen one made like that before the rod accessory for "The Strike". Hopefully, for those on the same page as I,they make a fishing game soon that has the online multiplayer. It would be fun and different.

[/quote]

Don't let some of them get to you, ToughPro. Some people just have a certain inclination to enter threads & act all high & mighty & overly superior to others. I do not understand it myself. I give everyone a level of initial respect which I think they inherently deserve, & vie to treat everyone with at least the same amount of respect as they give me. It seems as if you really are passionate about & know your fishing games. As for me, they've never really been my slice of pie.

But now if they went all rogue & made an in-depth video game about fishing with a cast net, or even a seine net, now that I might have to take a look at for it might be quite creative & worth a try.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Best Fishing Game, Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

[/quote]Too true. I also spent many a hour fishing in the original Animal Crossing and one of the Harvest Moon games.

edit:

World of Warcraft. Fishing secondary profession. Not necessarily "fun" but I probably spent more time in WoW just fishing alone than I have playing a lot of full retail games I've beaten.