Anyone else going to use Citadel as the ending?

As I've started playing the game again I've realised the journey seems hell of a lot better with the Citadel DLC as the final point of the game.

With the Destroy ending picked, since Shepard has the potential to survive it, and some self-delusion to explain why EDI is still about, I can pretend that the Citadel is post-ending DLC.

That moment with the crew looking out at the Normandy at the end of the DLC is a better ending for the game than the actual ending for me. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I plan to save the party until last for my next run as well, don't know when I'll start another complete run again but the party is the best way to end the trilogy for me, I'm gonna recruit Morinth for the next import to see if she replaces Samara, can't seem to find any info on that yet...:-)

From what I understand Arkham, Morinth does not appear in CItadel. :-(

But yes, I plan to use the party as my epilogue as well.

Morinth does not appear in Citadel or anywhere else if she was chosen in ME2... except during the defend the missile battery part of the London mission, as a Banshee.

What about the Armax Arena?  Shouldn't she atleast be an unlockable there?  Oh well, would've been funny having her imitate her Mother sitting under that tree the morning afterwards with Kasumi taunting her, "I know who you really a-r-e!", or, while admiring the artwork on the wall and instructing Zaeed to "Look into my eyes, and tell me that you..."...:-)

[quote user="Arkham99"]

What about the Armax Arena?  Shouldn't she atleast be an unlockable there?  Oh well, would've been funny having her imitate her Mother sitting under that tree the morning afterwards with Kasumi taunting her, "I know who you really a-r-e!", or, while admiring the artwork on the wall and instructing Zaeed to "Look into my eyes, and tell me that you..."...:-)

[/quote]

Yeah, not even in Armax, I'm afraid. She really got the short end of the character development stick in ME3. :-(

What about Mordin Solus or Padok Wiks if they survive after Tuchanka?...:-)

I know Padok Wiks is a no go. The only thing I've been able to find for Mordin is the datapad with his humors songs and stories on it that you find the morning after the party if he died. I think the going story would be that he is still laying low to hide his genophage sabotage involvement, if he survived Tuchanka.

From the reception you fine folks have been giving Citadel it has actually given me some motivation to do another import into Mass Effect 3. That and I had deleted my old saves on accident anyways, whoops.

Wasn't impressed with Leviathan but if Citadel seems to be on par with LotSB and BDtS then I'm really looking forward to it and especially so if it seems to be a nice send off post-vanilla ending.

[quote user="CrypticZer0"]Wasn't impressed with Leviathan but if Citadel seems to be on par with LotSB and BDtS then I'm really looking forward to it and especially so if it seems to be a nice send off post-vanilla ending.[/quote]It really is a great bit of content.

The only complaint I've read about it is that the DLC is a little too much 'fan-service' and you know what, to me that isn't a bad thing.

Mass Effect 3 as a whole seemed to be aimed at newcomers to the franchise, so I don't find them directing the Citadel DLC at older fans to be wrong.

As I said before, with a little self-delusion you can make the DLC fit post-ending. From now on that is what I intend to do. 

Speaking of Morinth you do get a message from her on your terminal. Also on Liarias terminal you get to see a message that she sent to her sisters concerning their mothers death. In which she said that she died in the attack on the collector base. Someone mentioned Mordin. Is there a way to make him survive? I liked Mordin. It would have been nice for him to have joined the team as he had planned. Then go collect seashells to run tests on. :(