Anyone else disappointed with the direction of this series?

I have to admit - I was pretty damn hyped for this game. The trailers were awesome (as usual), the marketing seemed confident, and I was happy that they're finally making a proper reboot of the original series. I was very let down.

Yes, I know the beta isn't the "final product," but apart from all those bugs and graphical issues, THAT'S the game we're getting. DICE stated several times they were finally going to make a game that would live up to BF2, but in reality it was just a huge down. Call me crazy, but they took out EVERYTHING that made BF2 the great game it was. Very poor squad support, lack of commander, no tactical elements at all. Seriously? I was hoping for a game that involved a good amount of strategy and teamwork, but all this game feels like (call me crazy again) is Bad Company. Just a sequel to the last game in the series. Don't get me wrong, BC2 was a great game, but DICE completely misled us. 

I played the beta on PC. I know many of you console gamers feel like you got the short-end of the stick, but don't fall into the "PC version is better" fallacy. It really isn't. In the end, the only "improvement" we got was the increased player count. 

Once again, this isn't a complaint about the map or bugs in the beta. This is a complaint about the core of this game - the overall game play and experience. It feels like DICE was forced to play it safe and develop something similar to everything else that is out there. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh my, this forum has changed. I have no idea how to format that correctly.

i personly think the old BF games are a bit over-rated. i found the maps to be too large and lack direction. i found you would wonder around, until you found some action and when you did find it, it usually ended in a quick death and then back to wandering.

when i picked up bad company 2 i found it amazing and a big improvement for the BF series. Destruction, tons of fast paced realistic action that i have always wanted in a war shooter. I think that BF3 will be a marriage of new and old. And if you dont like what bad company has brought  to the table well, that sucks for you.

Smell the roses.

Nope. Fun is a good direction.

I dont think I see the beta as better than BC2.  360 graphics suk.

I want them to do either another WWII game or one in the Korean War

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that they seem to value Kills now over being a smart non-shithead player.  I can help the team, heal and revive all game but if my K/D isn't that great, I'm at the bottom of the scoreboard.

No, this isnt what we're getting.  This has been an older build of the game, and these bugs/issues have been fixed, stated by DICE.  Yes, BF 3 is going to be similar once it comes out, but all the bugs, and glitches (as of now) will be fixed.  The only problem is they chose a map where its similar to COD, and non BF esque, with no vehicles.  They have said they left some stuff out of the beta (destruction, low graphics, and vehicles), so it wouldnt surprise me if they left out some other things too.  Before you sentence the game to a hanging, how about we wait till the final version is released, and not judge it off an old build.  

[quote user="rabbit221"]

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that they seem to value Kills now over being a smart non-shithead player.  I can help the team, heal and revive all game but if my K/D isn't that great, I'm at the bottom of the scoreboard.

[/quote]

I absolutely agree with you. Kills should be worth less points than everything else. Arming, disarming, reviving, healing, resupplying, etc should all be worth more points than kills.

What direction is it going? If you mean because you are playing a beta build that utulizes a small map and no vehicles. Wait till the full game comes out before you pass judgement.

[quote user="Kramerllama"]

No, this isnt what we're getting.  This has been an older build of the game, and these bugs/issues have been fixed, stated by DICE.  Yes, BF 3 is going to be similar once it comes out, but all the bugs, and glitches (as of now) will be fixed.  The only problem is they chose a map where its similar to COD, and non BF esque, with no vehicles.  They have said they left some stuff out of the beta (destruction, low graphics, and vehicles), so it wouldnt surprise me if they left out some other things too.  Before you sentence the game to a hanging, how about we wait till the final version is released, and not judge it off an old build.  

[/quote]Like I said in my post, I wasn't talking about bugs or the map selection.