Anyone care to post what decks usually trumph other decks for a noob?

Anyone care to post what decks usually trumph other decks for a noob?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Remember any deck can defeat another deck. These are just examples and have to be built a certain way. When I play against these match-ups these are the decks I pick. I pick Koth for Chandra. I pick Chandra for Nissa, Tezz, Sorin, Sarkhan and Jace. Sometimes I pick Sorin for Sorin.  I pick Jace for Ancient Depths. I pick Nissa for Gideon. I pick Ancient Depths for Koth and Garruk. I find Koth to not be the best deck but still one of the hardest (if piloted and built correctly) to play against. Those are the trump cards I use. Best of luck.

I think the decks are too well balanced to say one deck trumps any other.  It depends more on the players' configuration and skill.  Certain cards, however, are more important in certain matchups.  For example, Sword of War and Peace destroys the red decks (making Oxidda Scrapmelter and Manic Vandal critical vs White).  

I think the decks are too well balanced to say one deck trumps any other.  It depends more on the players' configuration and skill.  Certain cards, however, are more important in certain matchups.  For example, Sword of War and Peace destroys the red decks (making Oxidda Scrapmelter and Manic Vandal critical vs White).  

I'll take it one further and say that the decks are so balanced that it's 50% build, 40% luck, and 10% skill.

A person who has never played Magic before can theoretically beat anyone, at anytime, with any deck.

Sure, some decks match up better against others, but as far as I've seen, it very rarely ever comes down to outplaying your opponent with a matchup. But rather, outdrawing them.

Now don't all go freak out at once and think I'm saying the game takes no skill. I'm not. I'm simply saying that this version of Magic is about as user friendly and idiot proof as it gets.

That all being said, IMO, you can't go wrong either always picking Black or Red (Unquenchable Fire). They don't rely on a "win" card or deep combos, are extremely fast, and can have just as much control as any blue deck without having to save mana every turn.