Anybody ever realize a game was simply too much for you

I find myself to be very good at games, aside from the few rare games i have come across, video games in general are usually pick up and play for me, i rarely even look at controller layouts, i learn on the go, and will usually show skill within the hour

i used to buy some walkthroughs when i was younger (under 10), but dont remember anymore walkthroughs since (10 years later)

until the last couple days...Braid is one of the most challenging games i have ever played, and i marvel at anybody that completed it without a walkthrough (obv it can be done, but i dont have that kinda patience lol)

Anybody else simply realize that a game was maybe too hard and you just needed help?

im not talkin bout a single level or mission in a game that you cudnt beat and needed a minute to watch a video online

im talkin bout a game that you were playin and you had to put down the controller multiple times and say to yurself "wow, i cannot do this game"

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Demon souls

I've never thrown in the towel on a game due to difficulty , But if the game plays ugly and controls feel broken then hell yeah it's gotta go... There are too many games out there to be pulling your hair out on the crappy ones.

A couple, that depends on what kind of "too much" because most are where I don't know where to actually friggin start.

I only quit a game if its not in my taste or just horribly bad.

Ninja Gaiden: Black / hard difficulties(I forgot if it has another name for the difficulty) ..try it, for a few months.

I quit most games usually because I just don't have the desire to continue.  Stories usually never capture me, and if the gameplay isn't fun then the game usually fades out and I put it on the shelf.  And I rarely complete long and/or open games.  I've never completed a Final Fantasy even though that's my favorite series.  I completed Fallout 3 but never Broken Steel (glitch).  I did complete ME and ME2 but never DAO.  As for Rockstar, I did beat GT4 but none of its DLC.  And I haven't completed RDR yet either.

I'll second Demon Souls.  I haven't even made it 20 minutes in that game...

Tekken 6. I consider myself good at fighting games but I wasn't expecting the change from actual fighting to just who can land the ugly juggle combo first and not let you up off the ground. If that's what some people want out of a fighting game that's fine but it's certainly not for me.

[quote user="NashVillain"]

I've never thrown in the towel on a game due to difficulty , But if the game plays ugly and controls feel broken then hell yeah it's gotta go... There are too many games out there to be pulling your hair out on the crappy ones.

[/quote]

I remember there was this one game when I was a kid on the NES that was literally impossible.  Something was wrong with the game.  A local kid had it and he loaned it to me for my copy of Metroid.  Come to find out there was a point in a required boss battle where you could not die and could not hit the boss.  I played to that point 3 times before a friend told me that he had the same problem when he borrowed it.  I wish I could remember the name but cannot right now.  And I played Rygar on the NES and got stuck in some weird place that I could not get out.  It was late in the game and I did not play it again.

[quote user="Guerrero Ultimo"]

[quote user="NashVillain"]

[/quote]

I remember there was this one game when I was a kid on the NES that was literally impossible.  Something was wrong with the game.  A local kid had it and he loaned it to me for my copy of Metroid.  Come to find out there was a point in a required boss battle where you could not die and could not hit the boss.  I played to that point 3 times before a friend told me that he had the same problem when he borrowed it.  I wish I could remember the name but cannot right now.  And I played Rygar on the NES and got stuck in some weird place that I could not get out.  It was late in the game and I did not play it again.

[/quote]

Rygar and Kid Icarus drove me nuts also...loved them though. Many flatscreens would be destroyed if kids today had to deal with some of the old games :)

Too many to list.  And some were "family games".    But when I play all my games on "easy", I expect them to be just that...easy and FUN!  I don't play to get my blood pressure up.  When they start to get frustrating and I'm yelling at the TV, I quit and either shelve them or I try later.  If they're still frustrating, I dump them.