Anybody ever find a dragon priest without a mask?(minor spoiler maybe)

I was in silverdrift lair and near the end i killed a dragon priest and 1 drugyer deathlord.  I approached the dragon priest and all it had on it was some gold.  I looked it up on web and this is not a location of a dragon priest with a mask..........i was under the assumption there was only dragon priests WITH masks.......guess not.  It also said when i looked it up that this dungeon has 2 drauger in the end........but like i said mine had 1 DP and 1 drauger.........weird.........anyody have anything like this happen?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Minor Dragon Priest would be my guess. Wasn't high enough in the Cult of Dragons (or whatever it was actually called) to have been given an enchanted mask.

Yeah, was this the one where you meet the two people outside the cave that are discussing going inside the cave and you end up going with them??

no, there were 2 bandits outside the cave but they opened up on me instantly!  and minor dragon priest????  never heard of that!

^

It's not as though they named them Minor Priests or anything, but the Dragon Priests were in the Cult of Dragons or something similar and the highest-ranked were given enchanted masks. One of the hints tells you as much.

I presume that this guy was still in the Cult but wasn't that important.

Maybe he was just a dragon alterboy.

This has happened to me once too. It is disappointing.

The one I battled looked just like a dragon priest, but it was after I had already acquired the Konahrik mask.  IDK...thought it was weird.  

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

Yeah, was this the one where you meet the two people outside the cave that are discussing going inside the cave and you end up going with them??

[/quote]I did that one. It was Ironbind Barrow, I think. I had to go there for one of Urag's books. I remember thinking it was odd that there was a dragon priest but not one of the scary ones. 

There are minor dragon priests, if you enter a cave at a high enough level a "minor" dragon priest will tske the place of a drauger overloard.

-

as well, they (minor Dragon priests) don't give up masks.

If the priest doesn't have a name it won't have a mask, un-named dragon priests are basically high level dungeon bosses but nowhere near as powerful as the named lot.