Anybody else here....

Consistently getting out gunned by the pistols?  I always thought that the secondary gun was just in case you needed to finish off the enemy because you emptied your clip or ran out of bullets on your primary.  I am seeing more and more people run around with just pistols, owning the lobby.  How the heck does a 9/10mm round kill before a 5.56 or 7.62 round?  And this is what Treyarch calls balance :-/ 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="RR Kanaye"]

Actually the pistols were hugely underpowered in the previous CoDs

[/quote]

Sorta... I really enjoy using pistols, prolly a lot more than I do Primaries. But that's just cause I'm a weirdo or whatever. <3 MW2 .44

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

My thing is that most players feel that secondaries should be weaker for balance purposes, and although I've always favored having a wicked secondary, I kind of lean toward agreeing with that thought.

[/quote]

I'm not saying that they should be stronger than primary weapons in all situations. They should be better in certain situations, though. I love the fact that SMG players, for instance, are better off pulling out the Deagle when they go to take a long range shot. I like also that the Deagle was hard to use, but was great once mastered. I say that the secondaries in BO2 are crappy because they are outclassed by primaries in all situations. They are easy to use and mastering them gets you nowhere. I guess that is a consequence of how easy to use the rest of the weapons are...

COD4 Promod has it right.

Keep it simple. Every quikscoped nub u see always has a stupidly op and accurate pistol. Therefore pistols are another addition to the trash/nub players list.

This guy had host or something last night, and he was rocking it with the machine gun pistol on domination. It made me so mad getting killed by such a lame gun and his RPG buddy.

The pistols are a bit too powerful, with the exception of the KAP-40, which is actually balanced and has drawbacks (recoil, low range, small magazine) to counter-act its strengths (full-auto, fast TTK). The Raffica and TAC45 are particularly bad.

[quote user="Jagriff"] I'm saying that balance doesn't depend on the real-world analogues. Just because a a weapon performs a certain way in real-life doesn't mean it would be balanced for a fast paced game like COD. Go play COD4 Promod if you want to see what I mean about the Deagle.

[/quote]

I dont have an issue with real world comparisons here. As a matter of fact, a good portion of smgs fire the same ammo as pistols irl, so reeally they should be just as deadly.

My thing is that most players feel that secondaries should be weaker for balance purposes, and although I've always favored having a wicked secondary, I kind of lean toward agreeing with that thought.

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

[quote user="Jagriff"]Balance and the way the guns perform in the real-world are two completely different things. The most balanced version of COD4 (which many say is the most balanced COD) is Promod. In that, the Deagle is way better than the crappy sidearms in this game.

[/quote]

So you're saying balance means to have secondaries that out perform primaries?

[/quote]

No, I'm saying that balance doesn't depend on the real-world analogues. Just because a a weapon performs a certain way in real-life doesn't mean it would be balanced for a fast paced game like COD. Go play COD4 Promod if you want to see what I mean about the Deagle.

I used to have fun running around in BO1 with a CZ75 and use just that. I was a better gunslinger then than I was in any other COD. Pistols here are meh. I'm getting used to the Tac-45 and Five-Seven

Finally pistols are useful again.  I loved them in Medal of Honor 2010.  Yes, they are strong.  But the reason you loose the gun battles are few:

1. They have more movement while in ADS.
2. If they shoot you first you flinch so you cannot aim correctly

3. Lag makes you miss them (since they move faster)

I rather see people carry pistols than noob tubes.  It makes great alternative at close range.  Most of the pistols are very useful with long barrel attachment. 

^^Yeah,The butterfly effect