anybody else FINALLY really pleased with the multi-player?

coming from someone who has played the first 2 gears games online for weeks and weeks and weeks, if not months, of cumulative time, i've gotta say, i think the MP is just about perfect. the weapons are finally balanced, there is no lag / everyone has a fair shot (assuming you have a decent connection), there are awesome new game modes (i love warzone rules in team objective games), the textures no longer have to "pop in".. no longer do i feel like it's a random or just plain stupifying result when i kill or am killed. it feels like whoever lands the first good shot wins. also i looked at my stats and i have the exact same number of rifle kills and shotgun kills. that is complete balance. the "power weapons" are useful without feeling overpowered. i could go on and on. i played the beta and it was really frustrating. part of it was because i hadn't played in a while and was rusty, but a big part of it was i felt like weapons were totally unbalanced and there was still a log of lag going on. but to their credit, they've pretty much perfected everything in my eyes. i guess that's the whole point of a beta. epic has finally delivered on what i always hoped gears could be. there's gonna be haters, but who's with me?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Couple of things need to be tweeked but overall it is good. Two things easily fixed.

1) Take shooting out of roadie run

2) Bring back Guardian

i'm not saying it's 110% perfect, as a lot of things are a matter of opinion / personal preference, but it's not going to need 27 title updates. it's a game a lot of the long time, hardcore fans of the series can finally appreciate.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]Take shooting out of roadie run[/quote]

Agreed 100%.  I cant count the # of times someones shot me from a roadie run into a roll and killed me before they were even out of the roll.

I never played Gears 2 online but did play the first one online and didnt have a clue what I was doing. Maybe its because I got to the party a little late. But with 3 I feel like Ive got a fighting shot. I understand things better now than I did when the beta was out. So I am pleased with my gameplay in MP more than ever before. And the game seems to run flawless for me. No lag, no dashboarding its a welcomed change from COD(which I still like) And the community seems reakky great so far.

I'm with you, loving the MP, had too many late nights since its release playing until early hours then having to get up for work.  And I have only really played GOW1 and I was rubbish and didn't have a chance against more experienced players, same with the MW games, but tthis game has so many tactics, different weapons and fantastic maps I have been holding my own pretty well.  Its my favourite game ever online by far and I haven't tried co-op yet either.

I wish I could be playing it more. In-laws are in town for a week! But all the games on MP i've played have been near perfect and well balanced. The best from the series in my opinion.

I'm pleased they changed the game icon for GOW 3

[quote user="MEGA MAN"]

I'm pleased they changed the game icon for GOW 3

[/quote]

I actually liked the other one better. I do like that they changed the Dead Island icon though

Well it fits with the other GOW games it was always a COG with a locust skull in the middle

I really enjoy the MP; I just don't like playing it alone.