any tips on leveling destruction and restoration?

Ok im trying to level destruction and restoration both seem like they are takeing forever to raise and im playing on adept. Heres my stats conjuration 51, restoration 32, destruction 43, one handed 43 and i guess i will put enchanting 29 the rest are below 25 or below 20.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Other than training the only way to raise destruction is to use it. Go do what has always been done, well, at least since Oblivion, find some mudcrabs and crisp them. Since you have conjure, conjure something relatively harmless and toast it. In Oblivion, I would conjure skeletons and kill them all sorts of ways to raise stats. I even let them hit me to raise armor and restoration. Always use fire on skeletons and try ice on bandits. It's kind of cool seeing a bandit on the ground with an ice spike through his face. All right, that's kind of gross, too. To raise destruction you have to use it. Wear your robes so it regenerates faster. Also, for the mages out there, it's a hard climb in the snow but go find the tower stone. It gives 50% damage and 25% magic protection and at low levels in hard dungeons it can be a life saver.

Restoration has a ward spell as well as heal; use them.

onyour way from helgen to riverwood there is a set of three stones, the stone on the left out of the three will give oyu 20% extra xp for all magic,

-

boosting restoration can be easy yet boring, go into any cave with a floor trap, walk on the floor trap, then use healing.

-

destruction do what Lady said to do, conjure things you have killed and then kill them again! (nords will actually thank you)

Activate the mags stone like said above, then find a nord dungeon that has floor traps near the beginning and some beds. The rested bonus gives you I think 10% more towards leveling skills, plus the initial 20% from the Mage stone. Magic is always going to be slow leveling up due to waiting for it to recharge once empty. If you have soul trap, use it on dead enemies. It's a decent level skill and can level up about every other cast, but it costs a bit to cast.

I have the lovers stone on so i guess ill switch to mage. Im usually good at making mage characters on any rpg. then on oblivion had like 13 of them in oblivion but for some reason im haveing a hard time with it in this game and dont know why.

Lower level spells seem to level slower as opposed to the higher ones. I've noticed that using conjure familiar takes about 4 to level, while soul trap takes half that. Seems like the same sense as alchemy and enchanting, the better the potion made or item disenchanted, the more you level up from it.

Oh ok thanks i kind of noticed that but ignored it so thanks ill start useing the higher stuff then.

An easy way to level Resto is to take fall damage from a battlement or cliff and then heal yourself (works well with some traps too).  As far as destruction is concerned you level up based on how much damage you do with the spell, so be sure you are using the appropriate spell on the appropriate target (fire for vampires because they are weak to it, ice on flame antronachs, etc.).  The sustained "spray" spells don't do much damage, but they also don't cost much and can hit multiple targets.  In the beginning they are a great way to level the skill, but they will become useless by the time you hit 30 skill or so.

If you also have the equilibrium spell, use that in conjunction with your healing spells. You can also go to the high hrothgar courtyard before getting the "throat of the world" quest and take damage from the snow storm that's blocking the path. Just be sure not to kill yourself in the process like I did once lol.

Easiest way for Restoration: Go to high horothgar (grey beards) stand by the gust of frost wind that deal damage to you and just heal yourself.

Edit: you know... I should really finish reading the entire post since several people already said what I just said.. never mind.