Any tips for a player coming back to BF3?

So I sold BF3 a few months back and I've pretty much been regretting it since. I've really got the itch to play Battlefield recently and caved in and ordered a pre-owned version. Has anything changed in the past few months? Are the weapons a bit more balanced or are there new OP weapons? And what's the general consensus on Close Quarters? Worth a purchase?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They changed up the attachments and what they do to your gun, there are plenty of youtube videos about that.  The guns are ever changing, so what's OP today, won't hardly be used in a month.  I haven't tried Close Quarters, so I can't give an opinion on that.

Attachments got an overhaul.  What was a great set-up when you last played could be terrible now.

Weapons got tweaked so a weapon you thought was "over-powered" when you last played got nerfed so much that no one uses it anymore (FAMAS)

There's no DICE official servers anymore, well not the old kind you remember.  Can't play Rush and expect to stay playing Rush.  the Official servers rotate the game modes as much as the maps.

I had a huge problem with BF3 in terms of how the gun gameplay felt. I'm not sure what it was, but it just didn't feel right. The latest patch definately fixed something in terms of gun gameplay because I enjoy it now more than I ever have and believe me I almost couldn't stand playing the game before the latest patch.

...wear a cup

Hope your looking forward to downloading huge updates, wooo hooo !!!!!

who cares about downloads anyway.

Not me broseph wooooooo!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips folks, but whats this about attachements? How could they change them? just nerf them or something?

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

Thanks for the tips folks, but whats this about attachements? How could they change them? just nerf them or something?

[/quote]

Well the FAMAS with Silencer and Foregrip was supposed to be broken.  The problem was it didn't reduce range like it should have done with a Silencer.

Or something like that anyway, I think it effected other weapons as well.

Instead of just fixing the broken attachments like they should have done, they over-haulled them which in turn broke the M26 Mass.

Fix one thing, break two others is the DICE motto.

As many said, the guns and attachments are WAY different.  That will take getting used to.

-

The stingers and javelins have changed as well.