Any nice way to copy downloaded games between consoles?

I have 2 consoles and I downloaded a game to 1 and wanted to play on the other console so I figured I had a large enough flash drive and I'd just copy it and put it on it (since anyway its licenced to me and can only be played while I'm logged in or on the first consoie it was downloaded to) and I found I can't.

Without removing the physical harddrive and getting a 3rd party data transfer cable (the one thats used to plug your drive into the pc and not for upgrading to a new system).

I was kind of hoping for a skydrive esq approach that would sync everything over the network without having me re-download or loosing items that may not be availible any more (like the rocky and bullwinkle table for pinball fx2) but since e3's coming down the pipe I can't rule out that xbox is already trying to tie my cloud drive into my game drive cloud drive.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As of this time there is not way to do this through the cloud because the cloud is only for game saves, however you could use the transfer cable provided by microsoft for the transfer as long as the original hard drive is from an older style console, if not the fastest and easiest way is a thumb drive. You can also download just about any of your games from the marketplace and some games that have been discontinued are still available for download to people who already purchased them so you may want to go to your download history to check and see if that is an option as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="techman05"]I have 2 consoles and I downloaded a game to 1 and wanted to play on the other console so I figured I had a large enough flash drive and I'd just copy it and put it on it (since anyway its licenced to me and can only be played while I'm logged in or on the first consoie it was downloaded to) and I found I can't.[/quote]

On a second console, your content can be used while you are signed in to Xbox Live; that is, the console must be connected to the Internet to verify your license. Did that not work? Or could you give more details on what did not work when you tried it?

Of course, if you're connected to Live, you could redownload your content to populate the second console rather than carrying it over on a flash drive. In most cases, content you've purchased which is no longer offered in the Marketplace should be re-downloadable from your Download/Purchase History.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.