Another View.

Just an opinion here. In my opinion I think COD is getting carried away with this stuff (buy-ons/mini thingys). I know we dont have to purchase it......Yet. I think they have dont it a bit wrong. Here my view. You have loyal fans whom play the game alot. Make the buy-ons available for unlock (as well as cards, reticles, etc...). Why the need to purchase (money and business, I get that). What I am saying is that maybe the buy-on camos (for example) should have been there to unlock. Say you get 5,000 kills with a weapon or whatever. But have it available and have it tough to get (maybe people would boost for that too, dunno) but dont make US pay. Kinda like BF3 has done with its weapons packs as DLC. I think you can buy them from day one and have all the ARs (or whatever weapon or class) but those things are still there and able to be "unlocked" by the normal gamer from playing Spec Ops or co-op modes. Does that make sense? Example--They add or have a DLC weapon for COD. Buy it immediately or say, get 3000 kills with every **** rifle and "unlock it"  or something like that. Again, just an opinion and another angle. Discuss.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They dont care about loyal fans, just money. Im actually surprised it wasent done earlier since EA did this with Mass Effect 3.

I don't really care. It's a gun camo.

^^You have to read to participate. I didnt say I cared. Its made for discussion. Its the fact that they give some and charge for others and we KNOW everything will be charged for before long. But then again, some just wont care. Whatever.

Since this is JMitch and not some random noob IDGAF about, I'll behave.

The whole "pay for something that you can unlock" business model is more suited for things that you don't expect to get money from. It'd be nice to see how well did the BF3 weapon packs did in terms of sales, but if its something you can unlock, it loses its appeal. Most of this customization stuff is a lightning sale. That's how I see it.

^^Good point, (and I know what those letters stand for, other thread FTW), and Ill add that going with recent trends...........................COD will GIVE everybody all the emblems and stuff anyways in a few months to keep people playing, LOL.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

^^You have to read to participate. I didnt say I cared. Its made for discussion. Its the fact that they give some and charge for others and we KNOW everything will be charged for before long. But then again, some just wont care. Whatever.[/quote]

You wanted my opinion. I gave it. I don't care about the gun camo. Do you think that means "Yes, I'm going to buy that. I support it."?

The same goes for any "microtransaction that is cosmetic".[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]Its the fact that they give some and charge for others and we KNOW everything will be charged for before long.[/quote]Please, tell me where you read this. Your magic 8 ball? I'd like to give it a go.

Yeah, I didnt KNOW, as we dont KNOW if its going to rain, but having that radar with pretty colors, and those mean looking dark clouds, and that thunder clapping, and that wind picking up. Those things "usually" lead to rain, just saying. AGAIN, I dont care about the micro things. Got that. I am discussing different views on it, hence the title. IMHO--that means IN MY HONEST OPINION the micro stuff should be unlockable in game without paying, like maybe through time played, or kills, or whatever. Just a thought.

So you want them to work on stuff, then give it to you for free? Would you work free for a day?

Well, heck no. But they also work on the game, and its not fixed either. I mean , its been like 8 updates. Some tweaks needed, but alot of fixing too. I paid almost a $100.00 bucks for this game. Again, the option to buy micros is fine. I just think it should be obtainable in game. And I am not the type to go for things, but the option should be there. I think we are talking across several threads. LOL.

They are a business, and its their job to make money. But as a consumer its up to me to decide what I consider worth buying.

They know the shock would be too much if they did anything drastic, so they slip in a little at a time so it doesnt hurt.

Some elite stuff, get more if you pay, .... want the dlc earlier than others and maybe cheaper .... sure pay up front so you cant decide later..

How about some bacon? ....... its cheap, and if that sells, why not cut back on the riginal camo choices and sell more.

Maybe buy the weapons to ... already got some of them on the market.

Hey! How about this .... you all want dedicated servers, well, we can keep it the way it is .... and for those want better you can pay for dedis. If it works good, well, we can just do away with the free stuff and make it all subscriptions and stores.

I'm all for people making money .... but I'm not all for more coming out of my pocket, and without a doubt tahts the plan. More out of each of our pockets.

True I have a choice. I dont have to by it. But if I do, its just lokely to speed up the process of getting to where I have to by it if I want to get any enjoyment from the game at all.

I didnt buy elite because i didnt want to set the practice. I most likely wont buy this for the same reason......  but for me its even gone further. I dont even know if I want to buy the dlc. I'm just cheap like that .... give me a chance to buy something occasionally, and I probably will ...... try to sell me something all the time, I'll just feel pushed and not buy at all.