Another victim of the Forza 4 Disc read error code

Seriously! What the hell?! I was about to purchase the February DLC car pack today but when I tried to boot the game it wouldn't read the disc.

NO. There is NOTHING wrong with my console

NO. There are no scratches or smudges on my disc

YES the disc is original

NO my console is NOT modded

YES. I updated to the latest firmware

NO. I am NOT willing to send my console for a 120 dollar "repair" or a replacement disc when mine is PERFECTLY FINE.

This is strike 2 Microsoft. Fix it. Till then I'm not spending on 360 games or DLC till this is fixed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 112 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Quince. I understand you are having some issues playing Forza 4 on your console. I get that you are frustrated, but if you will permit me, I'd like to have you run a couple tests to see if we can narrow down the issue here. Can you borrow another copy of this game and see if you have the same issues on your console, as well as trying your copy on another console. Also, try removing your storage devices and playing the game like that. Just to clarify, you are not having issues with any other game discs, correct? Let me know and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried taking out the HDD from the console and booting the game. It gives me the same error. I can't however, borrow a spare copy and having a full time job doesn't help. A few days ago Microsoft had an update but alas, no dice.

Still have the same error. And yes it's just Forza 4 that's going haywire. I mean sure I was able to catch up on GT5 but I find it bland. Any other suggestions? I'm certainly out. Buying another copy (even a used one) seems like a waste of money really....I hope Microsoft does something about this. I'm reluctant to buy Mass Effect 3 that's coming out soon in fears of having the same error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply Quince. I see you have tried removing your storage device but to no avail. If nothing else works out for you, I do recommend trying a different copy of the game. Perhaps the store you purchased it from would allow you to exchange it for another copy? Since this is the only game that doesn't seem to work, trying another copy will help us determine if it is the game at large or just that disc. Let me know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I buy my games from Amazon. I'll see if I can have it exchanged. Turned on my Xbox today to find yet another dashboard update...I hope it fixes some issues...hopefully re-flashes the optical drive and allows it to read Forza properly (Could be wishful thinking)

Sorry this didn't help.

It doesn't hurt to try it again after the update, but do let me know what happens after you replace your disc. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also getting this issue on my white xbox360 with white tray cover. brand new disc, I even returned to target for another disc and same issue. there appears to be a problem with certain DVD drives I think. It can't handle the anti-piracy issues put into the disc. funny how the legitmate customers like us are the ones that get punished...

Sorry this didn't help.

bump, still having this issue, very frustrating all my other games work fine

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same issue with my copy everything was fine until the last update. Something has to be wrong with the new copy protection and the drive from my elite matte black from 2010. I can play PGR4 and all my other games fine its just forza 4. Really really ANNOYING issue microsoft!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue, 2011 xbox, game worked fine till i connected to live, tried to look on-line for help and just people saying, clean your disk, use a new disk, done all that it dosen't help and is increasingly frustrating when people keep saying its user error, how can this many people put in a disk wrong?!? Is there going to be a fix to this ever or have we just wasted money?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello gngrbrdman007! I'm sorry to hear about your issue. You mention that you've tried cleaning your disk. Have you tried clearing your console's cache as well? If not, please give this a try and let us know if you it helps! For more information on how to clear your cache, please visit: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.