Another Reason why CoD franchise is more popular than Battlefield.....

Still no system link in Battlefiled 3. This immediately excludes my twelve friends and I, as we system link every Thursday night, so none of them will even think about buying it, (I might buy it cheap second hand in a few months to try it out). I would imagine that there are many LAN party people who won't bother to buy B3 either. It's a shame really, it looks quite nice. Most of my XBox friends aren't serious gamers, they ONLY play on Thursday nights.

It seems crazy that a company would deliberately limit it's potential client base, but there you go... well done EA!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

So, dual Skorpionz, you want us all to meet up, have all our monitors and XBoxes set up sid-by-side, and then play against each other on XBox live? Now that just makes a whole lot of sense! Sometimes we game in my brothers apartment and he has 50 meg broadband, so I'm sure that there would be no issue there, but one of our friends only has 25 Meg BB download and ONLY 2 megs upload, I don't think that ten of us could connect to XBox live together on the same connection.

[quote user="APOCACIDE"]

i play with people ive known for 20+ years, played couch coop and stood next to almost all of them at the arcade, now we sit on our own couches, drink our own beer, take a break to be with the family, pee in our own toilet, get as drunk as we want (or whatever) and dont have to drive anywhere

[/quote]

The modern convenience of the internet :)

I don't get it.  Do you guys sit and hold hands or something while you play?  What's the difference in playing online with your friends and doing system link, other than not physically being in the same room?  

Couldn't you all just connect online and do a private match...?

i play with people ive known for 20+ years, played couch coop and stood next to almost all of them at the arcade, now we sit on our own couches, drink our own beer, take a break to be with the family, pee in our own toilet, get as drunk as we want (or whatever) and dont have to drive anywhere

I am actually surprised they put system link in games anymore. The last time I did that was when Halo 2 was released.

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

Couldn't you all just connect online and do a private match...?

[/quote]

Of course they could, but that riuns the geeky element for them, which I can totally relate to.

damn yeah

is this even for real? system link? its live, ur supposed to stay at ur house, pee in ur toilet, eat ur snacks, and go to ur bed without having to go home first

I have to agree with the OP about system link.  Some people actually have real life friends.  We used to do the same for years, but everyone let life get in the way.  There's nothing like a LAN with your buds.  Beers, bullets and plenty of smack talk

Battlefield runs off of servers and not a peer to peer system as COD does.  To me, I prefer server over P2P anyday.  That way there is no host advantage.