Another "Why can't I download the free gold game" thread.

The only reason I joined Live Gold was because of these games. I downloaded Halo 3 with no problems. Now, I can't download the current game (A World of Keflings) unless I pay $9.99 for it. Can't find a valid link on the "Games With Gold" page either; it just says "Free" on the right (below that, "Get on Xbox SmartGlass," whatever that is; it's not an actual link), but "$9.99" on the left. If I click on the $9.99 of course, it wants to charge me. From the 360 Dashboard, there's no Featured Games link any more, nor a "Games With Gold" link.  I'm reading countless threads about people jumping through hoops, and having to open multiple tabs (one signed in, one not) just to get a link to appear. This is not acceptable and, frankly, I'm already ready to shut down my account.

Honestly, I'd have a better taste in my mouth if they hadn't dangled the "Free!" carrot in front of me and then made it invisible once I paid for the membership. I've been jumping back and forth from the 360 to the internet for nearly two hours. If someone can help me figure out why Microsoft is deliberately making this such a chore (and offer me a working solution, please), I would be most grateful. Failing that, however, I'm closing my account, as the aggravation isn't worth it. I can happily spend that $10 a month at Humble, GOG, or Steam. I'd rather spend it here, however, if Microsoft actually makes me feel like a partner in their success instead of continuing to needlessly jerk us around..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I should add that I've also tried searching for the game via the console and it wanted me to pay full price from there, as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Honestly, once it's free it should show as free no matter how you look it up.

When you click the link from the Games with Gold page, it just takes you to the regular marketplace for all of the World of Keflings items. There is a way to sort what you're looking for on the left hand side of the page. Just click "Game" for it it show you just the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree that it should show as free; however, it's not. I'm signed into the 360 and the website, and it still wants to charge me (for the base game, as well as any separate DLC). I didn't have this problem with Halo 3 (I appreciated your taking the time to respond; thanks).

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Relevant! I just want to make sure of one thing: when you're signed in on the console, are you using the same profile that you are logged into here to post on the forum? If not, does that profile have a Gold membership? Any chance you could link to a pic of what you're seeing on the Dashboard?

Sorry this didn't help.

thats odd

the games for gold is found on the console by going to:

games, browse games,and then its generally the tile on the top left that has the current games for gold offer

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

@Misses Joust: G'day ourself! :)  Yes, it is the same profile, and the same one I used to download Halo 3 last month...which is why this is such a head scratcher.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Relevant!

Just to be 100% positive, are you sure that you're looking at "A World of Keflings" and not "A Kingdom for Keflings"? I only ask because in trying to reproduce this issue, I searched for Kingdom for Keflings and was confused as to why it was asking me to pay for it before I realized I'd searched for the wrong game.

Also, try heading over to the Games tab on your Dashboard. Then choose "Browse Games". Do you see the "Free with Gold" tile in the upper right hand corner?

Hit us back and we'll be standing by to hear from you. ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, I was looking at the coorect game.  I appreciate the attempt, though! :)

Cheers to everyone who tried to help, but it wasn't worth the aggravation, so I ended up cancelling my subscription.

Sorry this didn't help.