Annual CoD Releases. I Don't Really Mind, But...

A lot of people are offended with CoD in general. Got to be honest. Some of you just like to hate. And some of you are just doing it because its the cool thing now, lol. Personally, I don't mind the annual November CoD release. I enjoy the single-player campaign. And although a Veteran playthrough is no longer hard at all for me,  this does keep the multiplayer fresh without having to rely on the cheap trick of Prestige of the past games.

I don't have a hard time letting go so I can jump into the new one at all. The only problem with an annual release I have is the DLC map packs. I don't mind shelling out $60 every year for a new campaign and fresh start at the multiplayer leaderboards side-by-side everyone else. But why would I pay money for an expansion of new maps if a new game is coming out in just a few? That's my only gripe.

What about you guys? What's yoour motives behind your big gripes? Are they really that big at all??--Mine isn't. What'chu'got?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You took the words right out of my mouth man!

I read these forums sometimes if I'm bored at work/class and whatnot, and I see a lot of hate going towards the COD series. I personally don't mind them because it's not going to affect me any way because I don't let it. It's just a company taking advantage of it previous successors (this happens all the time not just in video games) so we can't blame them for doing that, because we would all do the same exact thing if given the chance.

I even enjoy the MP to play with friends and family for a quick match, I know blasphemy! But with that being said, if we like it or not, Call of Duty has introduced a lot of people to the online FPS genre. Of course COD has downsides, like the one you stated about the pricing of the DLC map packs which I agree on.

I am one of the people who have some issues with Cod. I don't like the game for many reasons and what you have posted is one of them. I am not in anyway trying to be cool.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I am one of the people who have some issues with Cod. I don't like the game for many reasons and what you have posted is one of them. I am not in anyway trying to be cool.

[/quote]

Exactly.

The only time I really play any CoD game is to play with friends and that's about it. The campaigns a pretty boring and stretched out, and like you said I don't think I have ever bought a map pack for any CoD game.

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

A lot of people are offended with CoD in general. Got to be honest. Some of you just like to hate. And some of you are just doing it because its the cool thing now, lol. [/quote]

Is that it?  Talking trash about COD is "in" now...and all this time I thought it was because Treyarch keeps making garbage after garbage game release, not giving a crap about their player base and giving even less of a crap that the entire game is being overrun with hackers, rendering some of their titles nearly unplayable.

When the majority of player/console bans are due to Call of Duty...geez makes you wonder.  Treyarch/Activision won't ban and leave the Xbox moderation team to do their job for them.  And the hackers the mod team does catch are a drop in the bucket.

But, yeah I guess all the hate is because it's cool.  That makes more sense.

[quote user="MisterChimps"]

Is that it?  Talking trash about COD is "in" now...and all this time I thought it was because Treyarch keeps making garbage after garbage game release, not giving a crap about their player base and giving even less of a crap that the entire game is being overrun with hackers, rendering some of their titles nearly unplayable.

When the majority of player/console bans are due to Call of Duty...geez makes you wonder.  Treyarch/Activision won't ban and leave the Xbox moderation team to do their job for them.  And the hackers the mod team does catch are a drop in the bucket.

But, yeah I guess all the hate is because it's cool.  That makes more sense.

[/quote]Got to be honest... again... I wasn't calling anyone out. And there are some people who like to jump on the popular bandwagon of "let's hate CoD." Most who dislike CoD have their own legitimate reasons. I listed a reason that I didn't like myself. But you seem to take it a little too personally that comment about it being the cool thing to do. And I didn't hear any gripe about Infinity Ward in there either.--They're CoD too ya know.

Lol, you're right.  Infinity Ward did a pretty awful job too.

The thing that gets me isn't just the fact that Treyarch doesn't give one crap about their game being overrun by hackers but also that they don't even care enough to fix the simple glitches and bugs in the game as well.  Treyarch just doesn't abandon a game and it's player community when they're about to release a new game, they abandon the players and the game the minute said game is released!

Think about their track record long and hard before you buy another box with the words "Call of Duty" on it.  That's all.

If they release a simular game each year it better have improved everything.....like a lot improved, I like the games but "it" has issues(meaning the series has issues/bugs/glicthes) and that's a big concern. Other than that keep on track and improve graphics,gameplay,missions,objectives, everything..........waiting for battlefield 3, hope they fix up there mulitplayer 2, the sp looks awesome

There is some truth to what OP is saying. Many people dislike CoD because it is the popular thing to do. Same people who call CoD a rehash are the ones who enjoy Fallout and other games that haven't changed much.

My reasons why I dislike  CoD. It is just your average FPS. There is nothing unique about the gameplay, at least to me. Game is way way to linear. MP is the same and getting bored of the MP means I'm sure to get bored of the MP in the next CoD.

Its fan. Yup. People will buy the same game over and over. What does this say to Devs? "Oh lets forget about originality and lets just try to subtly copy CoD".

I hope CoD, if it doesn't change, gets the same fate Guitar Hero got.

I generally think that theres a lot of haters for Cod due to a lot of the community that play the game. I mean i like the Cod games, and have had some really great matches.

But like a lot of us know, you have to go through a hell of a lot of games to find a near decent one. Sometimes the game is unbearable to play due to the hacking and spawn killing/camping. If mp is sorted out on Mw3, ill definately be getting this game.