Annoying Modders.

I've been playing with a set group of people in L4D2 every since it came out. It's our team. We try to play every time we have everyone online at the same time, for as long as we can.

Nothing too bad has ever arose, that didnt pass away over a bit of time. This time it's different. Alot different.

For about a week now, we've been trying to play our games (we always host the lobby, we never find and join one.) and what started with two game modding players, turned into a whole team, which turned into a whole legion.

Now, everytime we open a lobby, we have people joinig our sessions and we cant tell whether they're in league with the other beginning two or not. Whenever the game starts, they boot the other players from the game, and invite the other two players. So they can have a whole modding team play against us.

We just want to play the game 'right'. I and my buddies have blocked communications, and set them as avoided players, and even globally muted them (mute button in their gamercard)

They will not leave us alone, and have continued to ruin our games every single time we make one.

All together, the gamertags we've seen are too much to count. They're friends are helpin' em out most likely.

But, the two we 'ALWAYS' see, are:    [mod edit - please do not name and shame]

They will not stop. And we're tired of it. I haven't paid to play online with my friends ever since Xboxlive came out, to deal with this crap at every single turn.

We just want to play.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

How do they join your games?, cant you set them to invite only?. I do not play the game so I honestly do not know.

If they are breaking the ToU or CoC file a complaint using the tools on your console. I understand your annoyance but naming and shaming other players on the forums achieves nothing as they PET (LIVE police) do not view these posts. That and it is against the forums CoC to call out other players.

If there is modding actually occuring in game then you could also try contacting the game developers in regards to them fixing it. They need to patch their game to prevent the use of mods.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Pilgrim covered it, but use the dashboard reporting tools and laugh at their immanent doom.

Sorry this didn't help.

i was told by Xbox live reps to come here and put this there......

wth then?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was it over the phone? Phone support tends to not handle these cases well... to say the least.

Sorry this didn't help.