Annoying freezes?

I KNOW that the freezing is a major problem.  Constantly corrupting my quicksave file.  I was wondering is there a way to fix it?  I have an old Elite 360 with about 22G left.  I've had this game since the day after it came out.  (Bought the Collectors Edition and the CE version of the Guide too...which was a waste.)  I was wondering if there is a way to reduce the freezing?  I have all three DLCs and about 8 save files, some of which obviously weren't started with the DLCs came out.  I've been thinking about uninstalling the game, deleting the entire memory cache for it and starting over, but something tells me that wouldn't work...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

nope

I just now started to experience freezing. Up until the day that I downloaded Old World Blues, I did not have any problems to speak of. "NO Freezing" at all ever. Merely along my way to thinking I had the only disc in the world that that had good code on it. Then after I finished with Honest Hearts ( in a manner of speaking ) I went and got the last DLC and it took forever to load onto my machine. The most time I've got on it so far, after deleting it 3 times already, is 5 minutes.

Yep! a whopping big gigantic 5 minutes.

I'm about to try it again but if it doesn't work, I'm going to talk to every single social network out there and see if anyone wants to start a class action suit against the liars that say this DLC is valid.

There now I said my piece.

@YourClassClown, Good Luck! Let me know how you make out. I think the DLC is corrupted and needs to be fixed and no one is doing anything about it. They already have our non-refundable money and their laughing all the way to the bank.

Just learn to save more often. The issue goes back to oblivion and the game engine. Usually locks up when transitioning between doors and VATS too, but seems to be better since the last patch. Good luck.

Just need to save a lot on this game, freezing / glitches etc... are pretty much a part of the game.

Ive played oblivion and you didnt get the annying freezes like you get when you play fallout:new vegas.  yesterday when play  i got freezes like every five min., then i dont get none.

[quote user="gutsycmor"]

Just learn to save more often. The issue goes back to oblivion and the game engine. Usually locks up when transitioning between doors and VATS too, but seems to be better since the last patch. Good luck.

[/quote]

That's just it, there are no saves to go to except the last one before I downloaded. The last save is the only one working. The new portion of the game starts out with hurry up to the drive in. I get through the Primm Pass and get jumped by Legion Assasins. No big worry their easy these days. I head down to the tracks and get hit up by a couple of Powder Gangers. Oh! A new location. When I get there I check out afew red dots and the game "FREEZES" with a black screen. Freeze #1. I do it again and get almost to Primm. FREEZE #2.

I figure I'll try a different direction. Head up the tracks and there's a couple of prospectors and I head on through the other pass. Halfway up the hill.... Yep! you guessed it. FREEZE #3.

It's not really letting me get to a point where I'd want to save. I'm still trying though. I think I have someone who said to completely UNDO the DLC and try to get another copy. I have no idea how to do that. It's obvious something went wrong with my download.

Froze twice today, both while trading with the gun guy at 188 Trading Post.

OK try something different to change up the process like a new save before You go into combat. I performed the  Good springs glitch by killing Reno and  Joe Cobb and actually have less glitching in the future saves and DLC content. It's just the nature of the game and the engine used. Good luck.

[quote user="vairkjosa"]

[quote user="gutsycmor"]

[/quote]

That's just it, there are no saves to go to except the last one before I downloaded. The last save is the only one working. The new portion of the game starts out with hurry up to the drive in. I get through the Primm Pass and get jumped by Legion Assasins. No big worry their easy these days. I head down to the tracks and get hit up by a couple of Powder Gangers. Oh! A new location. When I get there I check out afew red dots and the game "FREEZES" with a black screen. Freeze #1. I do it again and get almost to Primm. FREEZE #2.

I figure I'll try a different direction. Head up the tracks and there's a couple of prospectors and I head on through the other pass. Halfway up the hill.... Yep! you guessed it. FREEZE #3.

It's not really letting me get to a point where I'd want to save. I'm still trying though. I think I have someone who said to completely UNDO the DLC and try to get another copy. I have no idea how to do that. It's obvious something went wrong with my download.

[/quote]

Go and delete the DLC from your hard drive.  Then go to the marketplace and select the option to download again.

[quote user="phyrian"]

[quote user="vairkjosa"]

[quote user="gutsycmor"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go and delete the DLC from your hard drive.  Then go to the marketplace and select the option to download again.

[/quote]

Thanks! I'll try that. I'm pretty sure thats what I'm being told by other folks also. It sure is scarey deleting stuff from the XB HDD. I may have to start all over again anyway. I sure do hope they get a copy out with all the DLC's and fixed. That would make it worth the money.