Annihilation Expectations/Assumptions

Just a curious post here.  I overheard some Black Ops players talking about how they always assume the wrong thing about a map after seeing the map pack trailers.  Once their boots are on the ground in those maps, they realize that their assumptions were largely wrong.  I get that.  It's near impossible to tell just how large a map is or to grasp the "feel" of a map from a short clip.

So I'm just wondering, what are your initial assumptions from what you've seen regarding the Annihilation DLC?  I'm speaking specifically about your MP assumptions, but feel free to throw your Shangri-La thoughts out there as well.

Annihilation Multiplayer Preview

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hear Drive-In is about half the size of Nuketown.

I assume the zombie map will be the bee's knees. I can't really put in for MP assumptions because I have barely played it the past few months. You guys never fail to deliver on the zombie maps though. It would be awesome if Drive-In is half the size of Nuketown. I would play some MP for that.

I'm looking forward to Drive-In. Golf course also looked good.

Looks aren't everything though. I'll wait and make my assessment after the map pack releases. No offense but trailers usually make the maps seem better than they play in the gaming world.

I'll be getting the maps though. More maps always equals more variety!

Based off of the actual history of Shangri La, I'd expect to see some hints towards many of the expeditions and stories around it. Also, don't be suprised if there is another "George Romero" sort of deal in it. Except the boss won't be a zombie, more of a near-immortal sort of being (going off of the stories around the inhabitants of the place).

I just expect to find a way to tomahawk someone across the map in Drive in. Otherwise, Ill be slightly dissapointed. But only slightly.

If there going to pump out all these maps which look good in a video. I suggest they do a mp map demo release for a 24 hour period at the end of which you decide to purchase. I mean were paying x amount of money to play already so a demo release during a double xp weekend would be kinda nice. I'll get em but I'm kinda of tired of paying for maps that I think are good and turn out bad like the First Strike map pack which I regret purchasing. If I had a demo of it I might not have purchased it in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

[quote user="pnsfneo"]

If there going to pump out all these maps which look good in a video. I suggest they do a mp map demo release for a 24 hour period at the end of which you decide to purchase. I mean were paying x amount of money to play already so a demo release during a double xp weekend would be kinda nice. I'll get em but I'm kinda of tired of paying for maps that I think are good and turn out bad like the First Strike map pack which I regret purchasing. If I had a demo of it I might not have purchased it in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

[/quote]Lol. They would never do that because if they did their sales would plunge so no.

Anyways, I'm just as excited as everyone here mostly about the zombie map though. Multiplayer kinda died for me a while ago.

I assumed the $15 cost pretty dang well.

[quote user="KOtheOGODHDSHOT"]

Based off of the actual history of Shangri La, I'd expect to see some hints towards many of the expeditions and stories around it. Also, don't be suprised if there is another "George Romero" sort of deal in it. Except the boss won't be a zombie, more of a near-immortal sort of being (going off of the stories around the inhabitants of the place).

[/quote]Oh damn not again

My initial assumptions of Annihilation is that Bobby K must be trying to go on a VACA or buy a pimped out ride for one of his kiddies. It really seems as though Activision is milking the cow. I could live with a new map pack every 3 months but not every month