Android smartphone incompatible with Smartglass ?

Hi,

I want to download the Smartglass application on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus device, running Android 4.3.

From the phone's Play Store (frech store) I am unable to find the application, only the Xbox 360 version is Available.

From the Play Store french website I am able to find the application but it tells me that it's not compatible with my device.

Any restriction on the compatible devices ?

Thanks for the feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I haven't seen the inner workings of the Play Store, but I believe that application publishers can set a white list of compatible devices and OS versions. For quite some time, the 360 SmartGlass app wasn't available on my Asus Transformer Pad. I had to do an end-run on the store and install from an alternate source, and it worked fine. It was eventually made available through the Play Store.  The Xbox One version was available from Day One. In another case, I had Adobe Flash installed on the tablet with Android 4.1; and when I upgraded it to Android 4.2, Flash was no longer available for the device. So clearly, there is either some white listing going on for both the hardware device and the OS version, or some other manner of setting minimum requirements that disqualify certain devices.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the feedback.

I checked again several times and in fact found the application. I just had to search for it in "ALL" items and not only in "APPS" section, where it should appear along with the Xbox 360 version.

I don't know if I'm a single case, but if it may help anyone else...

Sorry this didn't help.

Bruno01,

Glad you found it as I'm using my Samsung Active 4S and had it available to me. I also had no problems with the setup once I put the phone on my WiFi network instead of the AT&T network.

Sorry this didn't help.