And G4TV's Finalist For GoTY Are Revelations and Sky...

SKYWARD SWORD! Yup! Even Skyrim doesn't have anything on Zelda! Skyrim went against Zelda and had 49% of user votes while Zelda had 51%! Funny too, since Skyward Sword is an exclusive to a 'dead console with no user base and no good games' while Skyrim was Multiplat! What do you guys think? Who do you think should win? Assassins Creed or Legend of Zelda?Here's the full bracket if you guys want to see. http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-game-2011/bracket/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

still doesnt mean zelda will win it my bets on AC

So this isn't the actual GOTY right?

what is a zelda?

-

uhmmm yeah no....  skyrim is goty.

The developer said that Skyward Sword in all will have 50+ hours or playtime. I can totally see that being true. I rather take the amazing 50+ hours or Zelda than the the great 150+ hours on Skyrim.

If I had my Wii back I'd go with Zelda but since I don't anymore I'm going with Assassin's Creed Revelations..

Skyrim was nominated before it even came out  game isnt that great its the same a oblivion with dragons and more glitches how can a game with so many glitches be GOTY??

Well, with all of Skyrims problems on the PS3, my guess is that there were alot of angry PS3 fans who wanted to make sure skyrim didn't win. Atleast Zelda wasn't nominated by Xplay for game of the year thank goodness.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

um, G4 has no authority on games GOTY or television for that matter.

also skyward sword isn't half as good as skyrim. and yes i have both games

GOTY is not an existing award, because any random group of people can claim one game or another to be GOTY.  last year like 30 games won GOTY.

what matters is Fun and Value.

both games are fun

skyrim is fun for over 100 hours, skyward sword is about 30 hours

to be considered a good game ( worth the price) it should be fun for more then 60 hours (50 hours for wii games)

what do we get? skyrim wins. there is more to do and u can be immersed for days on end.

[/quote]

The amount of hours it takes to beat a game doesn't make it good or not. It's how those hours are spent.

Personally, my game of the year goes to a game with an 8 hour campaign(Uncharted 3.) It was the better experience over Skyrim AND Skyward Sword. Game of the Year is all just an opinion no matter where you go. G4 has just as much authority and right to a game of the year award just like the rest of us.

um, G4 has no authority on games GOTY or television for that matter.

also skyward sword isn't half as good as skyrim. and yes i have both games

GOTY is not an existing award, because any random group of people can claim one game or another to be GOTY.  last year like 30 games won GOTY.

what matters is Fun and Value.

both games are fun

skyrim is fun for over 100 hours, skyward sword is about 30 hours

to be considered a good game ( worth the price) it should be fun for more then 60 hours (50 hours for wii games)

what do we get? skyrim wins. there is more to do and u can be immersed for days on end.