amazon reptile preorder skin not working online

so i was able to use the 'mk1' costume i got with my amazon preorder online, but after the a few of these most recent updates i cannot use it online anymore. if i play offline it lets me select it, but not online. anyone else have this problem?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

you have to redownload this skin by download history in your xbox dashboard.

i was having the same prob with scorpions.If u downloaded the the klassic skin pack just delete yur pre order reptile and it should work,worked for me.

[quote user="eastcoastScorp"]

i was having the same prob with scorpions.If u downloaded the the klassic skin pack just delete yur pre order reptile and it should work,worked for me.

[/quote]

unfortunately i have no purchased it nor do i have plans to download the klassic skin pack right now

[quote user="badcop87"]

you have to redownload this skin by download history in your xbox dashboard.

[/quote]

i tried to redownload it from both xbox.com and the actual xbox dashboard. no luck :( 

it still lets me use it offline with no problem, but whenever i try to play a match online i cannot select it. even though i could before these patches.

You have to download it from your history. NO other place will it work.

[quote user="Mewtwo"]

You have to download it from your history. NO other place will it work.

[/quote]

THAT IS WHAT HE DID.  This is a legitimate problem, so he is telling the truth.  I also have not downloaded and will not download the Klassic Skins Pack, but I have the preorder Sub-Zero and Kitana costumes (my two mains).  Ever since patch 1.02 was released, I haven't been able to select either of these costumes online (but can do so offline).  NRS seems to be oblivious to the issue.  Please stop recommending that people with this issue re-download the skins, because I am tired of hearing it.

He obviously didn't. As he said the marketplace and xbox site. THAT is NOT your history. The market place, even if you think you are doing the right thing cause it has the little check mark next to it and says "Already Downloaded" "Download again" does NOT download the right file. All that does is check to see you have it and if you do it just confirms. Which is why it's so fast. You HAVE to go to your actual history and download there. No other place will work correctly. And if you downloaded all your packs from your history and it still doesn't work then I have no idea because it does fix it. IF the people download it the correct way. NOT just going to the marketplace again and re-downloading it.

Mewtwo: IT DOES NOT WORK!!! I too am having the same problems and have done EVERYTHING! I have ALL but Jade Klassic costumes through the pre-order process and DO NOT feel it's right to download the Klassic pack to get these costumes when i already have them, and they have worked until these past few updates. SO please don't flame people when you don't have all the facts straight!

I'm not flaming anyone. The OP said they downloaded from the marketplace and their xbox. They never confirmed they re-downloaded from their history. There is a difference. It should work. I have re-downloaded my scorpion pre-order and it re-downloaded a new file not just a confirm check. There should be no reason you have to buy the skins pack. Just delete and re-download from your HISTORY ON THE CONSOLE. It will download a NEW version.

You do realise that if the other person you are fighting has NOT ALSO DONE THIS PROPERLY it will still *** up right? Yes that is right. You have to HOPE the other person also re-downloaded the pre-order skins the RIGHT way.

Go into a match with someone you know who did it for sure. Like a Private one with a friend you trust who is smart enough to have done it the correct way. As long as both parties are using the NEW versions of the downloads they should work.

Again you should check your facts. I am not flaming anyone. I"m saying the OP never stated they re-downloaded from their history ON THE CONSOLE. So I am just pointing out that is the only way it will work. Clear enough for you?

[quote user="Mewtwo"]

I'm not flaming anyone. The OP said they downloaded from the marketplace and their xbox. They never confirmed they re-downloaded from their history. There is a difference. It should work. I have re-downloaded my scorpion pre-order and it re-downloaded a new file not just a confirm check. There should be no reason you have to buy the skins pack. Just delete and re-download from your HISTORY ON THE CONSOLE. It will download a NEW version.

You do realise that if the other person you are fighting has NOT ALSO DONE THIS PROPERLY it will still *** up right? Yes that is right. You have to HOPE the other person also re-downloaded the pre-order skins the RIGHT way.

Go into a match with someone you know who did it for sure. Like a Private one with a friend you trust who is smart enough to have done it the correct way. As long as both parties are using the NEW versions of the downloads they should work.

Again you should check your facts. I am not flaming anyone. I"m saying the OP never stated they re-downloaded from their history ON THE CONSOLE. So I am just pointing out that is the only way it will work. Clear enough for you?

[/quote]

The OP's situation aside, what we're trying to tell you is that even if you download the new skins from your DOWNLOAD HISTORY under ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT,  your pre-order skins will not show up at all for selection (even if the other player has conducted the "fix").  Doing this helps a little with the desyncing issue, but the OP's problem is not being able to select his reptile costume, not desyncs.  This problem has been fixed on PS3 with the 1.03 update, but has remained unaddressed for the 360.  If you bought the klassic costume pack and you have pre-order costumes, you will not be experiencing what the OP is talking about (which is what I assume your situation is).  I haven't been able to even SELECT my Sub-Zero and Kitana pre-order costumes online for almost a month and a half now.

Yes OP situation aside.

If you have pre-order skins and didn't buy the classic skins pack wouldn't you have to have downloaded the "Compatibility pack" so that you can at least play multiplayer? Since it's free why wouldn't people download it? I thought it was required to play online anyways. However I do recall them saying to re-download even those free packs and all pre-orders for it to work. If it's not working then I don't know why because it should be. And as you said again if both have re-downloaded then it should help with the de-sync issue. As to why the costumes are not working even after all the re-downloads then I do not know.