Amazon Instant Video sound problem

During playback of Amazon videos, the background music plays normally, but there is no voice soundtrack. Lips move, background music plays, but no voices. I tried playing several different videos, Justified, Fringe, but it's the same for everything from Amazon. The sound is fine on TV pass through, in the YouTube app, playing DVDs, but not through the Amazon app. I can play Amazon videos like normal using Roku. My setup FYI:

1. DVR -> hdmi -> X1 -> hdmi -> TV

2. DVR= MotorolaDCT-6416

Did a power cycle today to fix the 0x8027025a error code issue, but that didn't fix the Amazon app sound issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

I have had the same problem,  but only with certain movies.  Worked fine with Tower Heist,  no voice on The Impossible or Cosmopolis.

Any suggestions.?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is still an ongoing issue.  It doesn't appear to be a concern to Amazon or MS, I guess.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Beekie68,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Since this thread is pretty old and the original poster most likely has been taken care of, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered specifically to you from our community. Thanks so much!

Sorry this didn't help.