Amazing! Proof Atari DOES listen to it's customers...

So one of the main bits of criticism levelled at "Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime" was that the game takes a ridiculous difficulty hike in level 10, where the game goes from "challenging" to "almost actually impossible" (I use almost there because I haven't beat it yet, though I'm sure someone out there has). Leading people to complain to Atari, and suggest maybe a patch or some DLC for the game to make it a little less, "controller eatingly hard". 

So, Atari, in their infinite wisdom have released DLC for it, for 160MSP, people, you can, yes, get this, make the game even harder for yourself...

The challenge pack is two new game modes, "Lone Hero" and "Aracde Challenge". Removing the AI players (for all the help they were anyway) and limiting you to three lives, respectively.

It's as if Atari have actually listened, and decided to do the opposite of what people were saying might improve the game, a bit, it would take a lot more than making the game easier to improve this game...

Still, like a sheep, I shelled out the points for it...

I'm a fool and just wanted to know if anyone else was too... :p

Also if anyone wants to help me get the "complete a level online with four players" achievement I'd be much obliged...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I avoided this game like the plague when I heard about it. Thanks for the information about Atari and their unusual DLC d\ecisions. I already spend a ton on games that were mistake purchases but at least Atari didn't get my money for this one.

It's almost god awful, but as a lifelong Ghostbusters fan I'm determined to at least try to like it...bought it on release day, still not there yet...lol

I love ghostbusters and the game was awesome unfortunately the arcade  demo failed to impress by any means so I didn't grab it.   from what I've heard I'm not missing much.    I've sort of stopped buying arcade games except torchlight.   I play them for like a week and forget about them.

Good,go Atari! Make it harder.