AM I TOO OLD ?

IM A 48 YEAR OLD MARRIED MAN,MY WIFE SAYS I AM TOO OLD TO BE PLAYING X BOX ,I LOVE RELAXING AT NIGHT WITH A GLASS OF ALE AND HALO REACH

MULTI PLAYER,SHOULD I CARRY ON OR UNPLUG GRACEFULLY?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="crowells army"]IM A 48 YEAR OLD MARRIED MAN,MY WIFE SAYS I AM TOO OLD TO BE PLAYING X BOX ,I LOVE RELAXING AT NIGHT WITH A GLASS OF ALE AND HALO REACH MULTI PLAYER,SHOULD I CARRY ON OR UNPLUG GRACEFULLY?

[/quote]I'm pushing 62, so tell your wife you're hardly too old.

Thank God I'm not the grandpa of the bunch here :)

You are only as old as you feel. If you want to play halo reach, do it!  

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]

And when exactly was it that adults 1st started playing video games before children again?  I'm 31, and back in the 80s Nintendo and Sega were the biggest competitors

[/quote]

LOL! Obviously you are just as unedumacated as your parents. Bro, video games first started coming about in the 1940's. Adults were playing video games first because video games were originally created for adults. One was created to prevent boredom. I was born in 80 dude and I remember my parents sittin' around all day playing Frogger on the Atari and when the nintendo came out they were playing Zelda and tetris all the time. Just because our generation only had the nintendo and sega doesn't mean that they were only intended for children. Any child whose parents had a game system in the house were going to follow suit and start playing too. Heck, all my kids play. My 2 year old plays Lego Indiana Jones and Batman like nobodies bizness. From day one all the times he watched me play, whenever I put my controller down, like a ninja he'd jack it and sit down and start killin' stuff. The only reason you got kids who think we are too old to be playing is because they got the type of parents that don't take time to enjoy life and don't play video games themselves. You will never hear those words come out of my kids mouths. They learned from me!

See now here's where misinterpretation comes in. You just totally took what I said to a whole different level.  You specifically asked since when did adults play video games BEFORE children. That is what I answered. Now by all means, if that isn't what you meant then next time say wtf you mean.  Secondly, because obviously you didn't read correctly, I said that those game systems/games were not intended JUST for children. Yes, they appealed to children but were not intended solely for kids. Did you ever stop to think that some adults such as myself are just big kids at heart? we like to do childish things and have fun and laugh and these types of games cater to that. No specific game is intended for any particular age group. Notice when a game says for ages 10 and up? well I'm the "up".  And I never said that pong or frogger was intended only for adults. At the time those games came out more adults played them than children did. And yes, more games are becoming more appealing to kids because as I said earlier more parents are buying the game systems to babysit their kids and the companies know this and they are getting greedy wanting to make a profit off of it.  

Okay, I just gotta say that NO ONE should ever feel like they are too old for video games. btw, I am Heavyassault's wifey. I am 31 and  I have had a controller in my hand since I was strong enough to weild one. I have always and will always be a gamer. I am so sick of people putting an age limit on everything. These kids these days on these games talkin' bout how we are too old to be playing......well I just have to say that video games were never intended for children!! It was adults that created video games, NOT children. It was adults who first started playing video games, NOT children. The only reason children are on these game systems now is because parents don't wanna deal with their lil hell spawns so they buy a game system to babysit them instead of slappin' the lil twit upside their head and tellin' them to shut up and sit down or they are gonna get the snot beat outta them.  As far as women not liking the fact that guys play video games, well that's a personal problem that they just need to get over. It's okay for them to go out and blow all your friggin' money on useless crap like 50 pairs of shoes, clubbing, clothes, hairdo's, makeup and nails and hang out with their girly friends for some down time but GAWD forbid you rent a game or two and play for a few hours to wind down. They oughta just be glad your rear end is at home with them and not out at a strip club or screwin' some diseased broad down on broadway st. at the roach motel.

Sinclair Spectrum - Sega Megadrive - Playstation 1 - Playstation 2 - Xbox Original - Xbox 360 ......

Who knows where my gaming revolution will end, an OAP home with a 50" screen hopefully ;)

No........Pong is the first video game.It was made on a radar screen.Not going to lie to you.My wife and I watched ......Wife just texted me......Im wrong?Really.No big deal.

No ones ever to old for video games.

no sir you are not too old to be gaming, specially halo reach

people may be too young to play this game but never too old, its rated M for mature, also it says 17+ (seventeen and up)