Allowing developers to require outside apps to access online

The Division Beta is the first time I've seen this and I'm not excited.

I pay for Xbox Live because it's a unified experience. How did anyone think it's okay to allow developers to make games require ANOTHER online app in order to access their online services? The Xbox One is unresponsive as is, let alone having even MORE apps running in the background bogging down the console.

Seriously, if I'm going to have to download UPlay to play the game anyway, I may as well just preorder on PC where the online is free and where the hardware runs SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the Xbox One's buggy, slow, and cluttered dashboard.

Come on Microsoft, you used to be good. Now your console is just an ad space sell out. This is the first time I've ever regretted purchasing a console.

I just want to clarify though, I don't really care if you fix it. I've spent only about $800 so far on games, an extra controller, and the console itself so it's a relatively small loss. I'm grateful that I caught all of this crap so soon so I know not to invest in it's future by supporting this nightmare. I have no idea what you were aiming for with the Xbox One, but the ENTIRE experience is a step backwards.

I'm selling mine. It's not worth the headache to play a simple game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

uplay is one of the better "game apps"

As Farscape said,you get in game unlocks for ubisoft games,it's free to sign up & takes a couple of minutes.

A lot of developers would charge you for the stuff you can get free from having a uplay account.

My xbox one ain't slow or sluggish either,it's a lot faster than it used to be.

Maybe clear your cache by holding the power button on the front of the console until it turns off.

all ubisoft games use uplay, gives you unlocks in games also, you don't need the app running in the background neither, even all ea games require you to have a registered origins account to play any ea games online that includes pc, ps4 and xbox, tis the way it is, also to add a note, the xbox one aint slow or sluggish for me.