All the rampant and blatant hacking in Dark Souls

Everyday I run into hackers all over the game but particularly in the Darkroot Forest. I'm doing what you should do of filing a complaint, but I must of sent out over a hundred by now. Is Microsoft\From Software even caring about what's going on? In the Book of the Guilty, it LITERALLY shows some of the worst hackers at the top of the list.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

From Software don't care about this game anymore.

It doesn't seem like they care anymore especially since DS 2 is coming out in March. I'm just glad I finished playing while before they got too rampant.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Its a shame thats the reason i stopped playing this marvelous game... Hope they have sorted the hacking situation for Dark Souls 2.

Easy way to avoid hackers.  Start party chat, load game.  Game is now offline.  No one can invade.

What are these so called "hackers" actually doing? When I played, I played offline mostly so obviously never had any problems with anyone.

It's not a big deal if you stay hollow, but if you want to play pvp etc it can be.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I don't think I would know if ran into one. I had to much fun with my pyromancy and tranquil walk of peace.

"What are these so called "hackers" actually doing? When I played, I played offline mostly so obviously never had any problems with anyone".

Normally I'd have the same disbelieving response but it's obvious: level 1, 99 Strength, Endurance, Faith, Intelligence... normally you get a level each stat you add, so these characters should be maximum rank. You also get those with unlimited health/other attributes and those using a save editor to get unlimited items like Divine Blessings, along with items not normally accessible like Havel's Armour +10, when it normally can't be reinforced at all as it's already excellent at default. Those items do not even have proper names.

It's an excellent game but yes, there are far too many hackers, they're far too obvious and should be easy to get rid of and nothing gets done. I understand From may not have had appropriate measures in place initially but it does not take any effort whatsoever to identify a lot of these hackers (open Book of Guilty, look at top 100 or so, ban all of them for starters) and either From or Microsoft should be on top of this.

"Easy way to avoid hackers.  Start party chat, load game.  Game is now offline.  No one can invade".

[Mod Removed]

So guys, are we talking "prepare to die" edition? Or both. I've been meaning to get back to this game for ages.

Either, doesn't matter. Go looking for PVP and you'll find hackers too.