All of my Gears of War 3 information and progress was reset?

I turned on Gears of War 3 and all of my information was reset. I was reset to a level 1, and before I was reup-ed twice and was a red level 69. All of my onyx medals have been reset, all of my ribbons have been reset, all of my unlockable and downloadable multiplayer characters have been reset, all of my unlockable weapon skins have been reset, my multiplayer stats and information has been reset, my campaign information and progress has been reset, EVERYTHING is gone, but it was all there last night. I've tried deleting and recovering my gamertag, clearing the cache on my xbox, and it's still like this. I talked to Xbox support and they said I should've received an e-mail saying everything was reset, but I never did. I promise and swear on everything that I love, I have NEVER  modded/cheated/boosted or anything like that, EVERYTHING I have is legitimate and I have the achievements to prove it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS!!!!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

@Sonjaaa XD;

This little glitch is Epic's very creative way of saying "F#%@ YOU" to all of the hardcore completionists out there.

To address your concerns briefly:

- If you did not back up your player data file to the cloud or an external hard drive (like a USB flash drive) all of your data is lost for good (as the other people have mentioned).

- This problem usually happens when you "dashboard" or reboot the Xbox when the game freezes, however there are other circumstances where a rank reset can happen as well.  The result is that your player data file gets corrupted and you get reset back to level 1.  I believe that some of your medals also get "locked" as well, preventing you from getting them onyx-ed (but I'll have to double-check that).

- Epic knows about it.  Microsoft knows about it.  Neither of them will do anything to get your data back.  This is a fact.

More information about this problem can be found here:

forums.xbox.com/.../264900.aspx

And here (even better):

forums.epicgames.com/.../839290-RESET-amp-BACKUP-INFO-I-used-to-be-a-red-92-then-i-took-a-gnasher-to-the-knee

Feel free to add to the mountain of complaints, but just remember that nothing you do short of having your data backed up will get your rank back.  Your choices now are to either continue playing Gears 3 from "scratch" or move on.  If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone.  By the way, if you are some kind of masochist and decide that option 1 is for you, do yourself a favor and back up your data.

Sorry for your loss.

-M

welcome to the club...you are not alone on this...nor the last. It happened to me too. Sadly you will not get back what you lost..and don't hold your breath expecting someone to help

...will not happen. Do what I did...restart all over.

There's absolutely nothing I can do about it?

I would recommend filing a complaint with the BBB against the company for irresponsible and unethical business performance.

do you have a cloud save?    if you do, you might be able to restore your stats.    

did you play ANY kind of game after you realized your stat were wiped?       if not, you might be able to reset your stats.

if you did, you're screwed

Happened to me yesterday lost everything but my chievos never had a back up and now look like a noob who bought the game in the bargain bucket I even had to put gears 2  in to reclaim my member of the old guard medal

No unfortunately I haven't had a cloud save, and I haven't played anything since what happened.