All i want to know is..

Is this game new comer friendly and easier then Mortal Kombat? I don't know it is is because MK is not that fast but i just am not great at it at all. From the looks of gameplay for MvC3 is seems like something i could get into. I played some of SF4 and really liked it but it was the combos that got me. So yeah please some one answer this for me.

Thanks. M3gaToxic

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ya, I would say its new comer friendly. When my little nephew comes over he likes to play it. I let him fight in player matches with voice chat set to friends only so he doesn't hear inappropriate language and he does quiet well for a 10 year old, he sometimes pulls out a win or 2 if he catches a noob lol  

I keep seeing new shadow battles DLC, but I have yet to see a 2nd costume DLC. I doubt many care for it, but I am curious if they are just quiting with MvC3 DLC and only going to finish up the shadow battles.

edit: oops, posted on wrong thread. :D

[quote user="LithiumRainn"]

Ya, I would say its new comer friendly. When my little nephew comes over he likes to play it. I let him fight in player matches with voice chat set to friends only so he doesn't hear inappropriate language and he does quiet well for a 10 year old, he sometimes pulls out a win or 2 if he catches a noob lol  

[/quote]

Wow okay then this is really new comer friendly, thanks man. Do you still play it? Just wondering.

The game is definately easy to pick up for anyone who's never played it before.

Online you will be destroyed though.  The juggles add an element that will catch most casual players offguard and you'll end up not enjoying yourself offline.

That doesn't mean you're not able to find players of similar ability out there.  You'll just have a frustrating time trying to find them.

"Mortal Kombat" is definately the better game.  More to do both online and off and while some people might be able to punish you with some impressive combos or strings you won't feel as out of control as when someone is creaming you with an air combo.

Hope that helps.

Az

You mean i wont be enjoying myself Online?

See I don't know it is weird because i had MK pre-ordered because i loved what i saw but when i got the game i was stunned at how slow some of the characters fighting is, i guess i love fighting games that are really fast passed like MvC3. And i don't really play online because i know i will get destroyed, i never play online with fighting games, except naruto and DBZ but i only did that a little not much. It is just i cant stop watching videos on the game it all looks so awesome. I haven't even touched my MK game in a while. To me MK seems like the fighter that hard core fighting gamers go to and MvC3 seems like the fighter game that people who have never played a fighter game or not great at a fighter game go to. Now if i would have known of MvC3 before MK i probably would have gotten MvC3.

If you think MvC 3 is pick up and play friendly i dare you to go online and fight and see how easy it is to just pick up and play.

No im not talking about online man. I wont play online a lot. Im talking about just straight out the SP.

Offline is wicked fun. Especially if you have a local group of gamers to come hang out and pass the controllers around with.  You can set the AI difficulty down to very easy, and put low damage on with infinite time to really turn them into punching bags. The only offline I haven't really done is beating it on 'Very Hard' and finishing up all the missions. There's also no 'online pass' required so if you get that burning urge to have the living crap beaten out of you, you still get the used version savings. ^_^ The Events have a few offline gems too like one and two man teams, etc.

[quote user="Th3 Tater"]

Offline is wicked fun. Especially if you have a local group of gamers to come hang out and pass the controllers around with.  You can set the AI difficulty down to very easy, and put low damage on with infinite time to really turn them into punching bags. The only offline I haven't really done is beating it on 'Very Hard' and finishing up all the missions. There's also no 'online pass' required so if you get that burning urge to have the living crap beaten out of you, you still get the used version savings. ^_^ The Events have a few offline gems too like one and two man teams, etc.

[/quote]

Yeah i have some friends on my friends list that has the game and i also like playing fighting with family best type of game genre to play when people are over at the house. Like i said i just cant stop watching videos of it on youtube especially of Dante he is awesome. Almost every character in that game i love which is one reason why im getting and and the other is just that the combat looks soo awesome!!! First i will do simple mode and then i will go to regular mode. Getting the game this weekend.

Don't waste your time with simple mode. You lose a lot of variety on the specials. Go ahead and use normal then start off in mission mode. You'll learn the combos and some of the moves there, and there is a move list for each character in-game.