All games rendered unplayable.

Hello, this is my first time posting on these forums so forgive me if I have not posted in the correct sub forum. I have been having an issue for the past few hours. All of my games for my Xbox 360 S 250G console have been rendered unplayable, this happened after going into the avatar editor and receiving an error that files were missing or corrupted from my 360, it then directed me to an update. Installed, tried again, same error. I then proceeded to install that update another 4 times, still nothing. So I figured I'd wait on it and play my games, well, with my 20 some odd games, each one of them either freezes on startup now, or gets horribly pixelated, and either freezes on a random color, a "thermal" version (screen in all hot colors; yellow, pink, orange, red, etc.), or freezes on the title screen.

Now, as for why I connected to two problems together: I spent the past 3-4 hours trying to make my profile playable again, after deducing maybe an hour ago that my profile was corrupted as I could play my games on other profiles just fine (there's minor pixelation but I CAN play my games). So I created a new profile, and, what do you know? Upon creation for the avatar I got the same error that I had gotten before, and, like my previous profile, this account rendered my games unplayable with the same symptoms as the previous account.

Again, sorry if I have not posted this in the wrong forums, I'm just at my wits end here.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Scratch that, seems to be happening across all profiles now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, was on another profile, but it appears to be happening across all profiles now...

Sorry this didn't help.

How are you updating the console? Can you try using a different storage device (HDD or USB, remove the original one)?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have, I've installed the update that was said to be needed 4 times to no avail, have also tried removing the HDD and playing without it, yet the problem persists.

Sorry this didn't help.